By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RUMOUR: PS4 hits 8 million units sold worldwide (Insiderp)

Take it or leave it, believe it or not, here it is:

PS4 hits 8 million units sold worldwide

There is nothing stopping the SONY juggernaut. As of May 19,2014 , PS4 has sold over 8 million hardware units worldwide* . It has roughly twice the install base as Microsoft's Xbox One, which sits at an uncomfortable 4.46 million units concurrently*. Killzone Shadowfall seems to be PS4's trojan horse. Almost 1 out of every 3 Euro/PAL PS4 owner has bought a copy of the visually aesthetic FPS. Here are the raw global numbers for hardware and software sales/preorders of PS4* :

PS4 - 8m units sold globally*

Killzone Shadowfall - 2.8m**

Infamous Second Son - 1.4m**

Knack - 1.3m (~90% of the sales being bundled units)*

We do not have the final software sales of Watch Dogs on PS4, but going by the near final numbers, the game roughly sold twice as much on PS4 in comparison to Xbox One . The game on PS4 sold more than a million copies within the first 3 days of its launch **. Watch Dogs boosted PS4 hardware sales by a significant amount in places like France and Germany, but we do not have the final numbers yet.

MGS : GZ has sold over a million copies on PS4**.

The PS4 version of Destiny has over 1 million preorders globally**.

http://www.insiderp.com/ps4-hits-8-million-sold-worldwide.html

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

I call fake.

This is the same website that said Infamous Second Son sold over a million day one. No insider information here.

I don't think they have any concrete numbers, but aside from the 2:1 Watchdogs sales and perhaps the Destiny preorders all of them sound pretty reasonable. 1.5:1 for Watchdogs is more likely

VGChartz will have it at 8m in two weeks aswell with Watch Dogs launch, no surprise here.

Around the Network
AnthonyW86 said:
VGChartz will have it at 8m in two weeks aswell with Watch Dogs launch, no surprise here.

This is as of 19th May. According to this site, a 9 million install base by E3 isn't out of the question.

The PS5 Exists. 

AnthonyW86 said:

OP clearly states as off may 19th so it only includes 2 extra days to vgcz.

...i could believe it.  not saying i trust insidederp but i am saying i don't really trust vgcz's numbers.  we've undertracked ps4 compared to NDP each month at least somewhat and BenV said ps4 is up in may compared to april which vgcz hasn't shown; so 8 million isn't too far fetched to me.  i think we'll get our next offical milestone at E3 though and it will most certainly be above 8 million by then.

ehh well find out at e3 when they talk about during there conference

I am calling BS. if this was put up around next week and said to be as of june 5th or something I would bite.

insiderp again? Why are people using this site as a source for anything?