By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RUMOUR: PS4 hits 8 million units sold worldwide (Insiderp)

People are still playing Killzone? That game seemed to hyped, but I never hear anything about it anymore.

(obvious sarcasm, think Titanfall. Just because it's on a different platform and you don't hear anything about it, doesn't mean it's a failure)

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
insiderp again? Why are people using this site as a source for anything?

The OP is the only ones to post these insiderp threads and many have speculated he is attached to the site, but yeah go look at the narrative of the site (incredibly pro sony and not so kind to Xbox, with nothing to back up their claims)

Ignoring insiderp for a moment, I can believe that PS4 is edging nearer 8m and will be by E3... so thats no surprise.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Regardless of that site's narrative of pro Sony, it's not much better then this site tracking over 100k in favor of X1 during NPD. The numbers from Insiderp may be wrong, but they're probably not that far off. The majority of people who attacked the op in the past are from the MS camp and we all know why...

Madword said:
Ignoring insiderp for a moment, I can believe that PS4 is edging nearer 8m and will be by E3... so thats no surprise.

But this site is saying it's 8 million as of now LOL. I feel that's a little 'optomistic' to be honest, but I'm still willing to wait and see.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Wow so PS4 sold around 250,000 last week when its been trending down and its dropped of totally in Japan? Maybe in 2 more weeks it will get there but last week even VGCHARTZ over tracks here in the U.S.

lol @ over a million PS4 preorders.

They should focus on the inside part of their name rather than the DERP.

Insiderps numbers for Infamous continue to contradict what they reported earlier.

It started with 1 million pre orders, then 1 million sales after 9 days or something and now its supposed to be at 1.4 million after 2 1/2 months? With over 20% digital?

Insiderp said that after March 28th Infamous had sold 900k copies at retail. Now 9 weeks later it's supposed to have only sold 1.12 million at retail? That's less than 25k units a week.

Putting insiderp in the title totally ruins the fun :P

Also not really that unbelievable.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

DerNebel said:

Insiderps numbers for Infamous continue to contradict what they reported earlier.

It started with 1 million pre orders, then 1 million sales after 9 days or something and now its supposed to be at 1.4 million after 2 1/2 months? With over 20% digital?

Insiderp said that after March 28th Infamous had sold 900k copies at retail. Now 9 weeks later it's supposed to have only sold 1.12 million at retail? That's less than 25k units a week.

Yeah. I mean I don't disbelieve 8m PS4 (heck could even be higher IMO) but Insidederp is clearly not run by people int he industry, in the know. It's set up by forum dwellers thus it should not be posted or taken seriously.