By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RUMOUR: PS4 hits 8 million units sold worldwide (Insiderp)

Whether they have actual insider knowledge is anyone's guess (most likely not), but their guesses don't seem that far fetched when you look at their track record in the last 4 months. Nowadays, VGC numbers are about as credible as Insiderp, which is a shame for this site.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

Take it or leave it, believe it or not, here it is:

PS4 hits 8 million units sold worldwide

There is nothing stopping the SONY juggernaut. As of May 19,2014 , PS4 has sold over 8 million hardware units worldwide* . It has roughly twice the install base as Microsoft's Xbox One, which sits at an uncomfortable 4.46 million units concurrently*. Killzone Shadowfall seems to be PS4's trojan horse. Almost 1 out of every 3 Euro/PAL PS4 owner has bought a copy of the visually aesthetic FPS. Here are the raw global numbers for hardware and software sales/preorders of PS4* :

PS4 - 8m units sold globally*

Killzone Shadowfall - 2.8m**

Infamous Second Son - 1.4m**

Knack - 1.3m (~90% of the sales being bundled units)*

We do not have the final software sales of Watch Dogs on PS4, but going by the near final numbers, the game roughly sold twice as much on PS4 in comparison to Xbox One . The game on PS4 sold more than a million copies within the first 3 days of its launch **. Watch Dogs boosted PS4 hardware sales by a significant amount in places like France and Germany, but we do not have the final numbers yet.

MGS : GZ has sold over a million copies on PS4**.

The PS4 version of Destiny has over 1 million preorders globally**.

http://www.insiderp.com/ps4-hits-8-million-sold-worldwide.html

BenVTrigger mentioned this a while ago.

Also wasn't Insiderp correct last time?

manny10032 said:

BenVTrigger mentioned this a while ago.

Also wasn't Insiderp correct last time?

They were there abouts which is why I've posted this. 8 million as of 'now' though ... seems a bit high.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Seece said:
You can't tell us not to talk about the authenticity of the site GribbleGrunger. Me and others (and even mods if you look up) all have a valid right to question where they're getting their numbers from

By all means question where they're getting their numbers from. I do that too. I've never once said don't question the numbers, so I'm not sure why you've veered into uncharted territory.

I'm just curious, why do you even frequent the site?  Its a pretty unprofessional site, with a fairly obvious bias, it just screems to most people not to be taken seriously...  

Most of the numbers they say they get from "inside sources" could easily be derived from forums on the internet... It just doesnt seem like a good source of information at all... So why do you like it so much?  

gergroy said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Seece said:
You can't tell us not to talk about the authenticity of the site GribbleGrunger. Me and others (and even mods if you look up) all have a valid right to question where they're getting their numbers from

By all means question where they're getting their numbers from. I do that too. I've never once said don't question the numbers, so I'm not sure why you've veered into uncharted territory.

I'm just curious, why do you even frequent the site?  Its pretty a unprofessional site, with a fairly obvious bias, it just screems to most people not to be taken seriously...  

Most of the numbers they say they get from "inside sources" could easily be derived from forums on the internet... It just doesnt seem like a good source of information at all... So why do you like it so much?  

I don't frequent the site. I just post it if it pops up on N4Gs. I post other articles from N4Gs all the time too. I neither 'like' it nor 'dislike' it, I'm 'indifferent' to it.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
insiderp again? Why are people using this site as a source for anything?

People could say the same thing for VGChartz.

Wagram said:
Mummelmann said:
insiderp again? Why are people using this site as a source for anything?

People could say the same thing for VGChartz.

They do all the time on N4Gs and it gets reported constantly. I try to stop people doing that as much as I can because it just gives us something to discuss whether it's right or wrong.

The PS5 Exists. 

adriane23 said:
Whether they have actual insider knowledge is anyone's guess (most likely not), but their guesses don't seem that far fetched when you look at their track record in the last 4 months. Nowadays, VGC numbers are about as credible as Insiderp, which is a shame for this site.

Their track record? Their numbers are the predictive equivalent of me coming here and making a prediction that the sun will come up tomorrow. They make these announcements and show nothing to back them up then when sony also announces at E3 that they have sold 8ml PS4s every fan of that site will come out screaming that they were right.

But you are dead on the money with the VGC numbers of late though, but we have to give it to VGC to at least attempt to show some form of empirical evidence as to how they arrive at their numbers. Which in a sense makes it seem even worse considerring how wrong they seem to have been these past few months.

insiderp. i cant take anything with the word derp in it serious.

though the mainstream media needs to have derp allover it.

8 million is a bit too high but it's not out of this world, I do wonder what they base their numbers off of but without a source, who knows.