By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RUMOUR: PS4 hits 8 million units sold worldwide (Insiderp)

4.46 million Xbox units aint bad at all. They have done okay.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
adriane23 said:
Whether they have actual insider knowledge is anyone's guess (most likely not), but their guesses don't seem that far fetched when you look at their track record in the last 4 months. Nowadays, VGC numbers are about as credible as Insiderp, which is a shame for this site.

Their track record? Their numbers are the predictive equivalent of me coming here and making a prediction that the sun will come up tomorrow. They make these announcements and show nothing to back them up then when sony also announces at E3 that they have sold 8ml PS4s every fan of that site will come out screaming that they were right.

But you are dead on the money with the VGC numbers of late though, but we have to give it to VGC to at least attempt to show some form of empirical evidence as to how they arrive at their numbers. Which in a sense makes it seem even worse considerring how wrong they seem to have been these past few months.

The keyword in my first sentence was "guesses." If you re-read what I wrote, you'll see that you're not disagreeing with me.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Those not beliving the source need to take a chill pill, move on if you don't belive, simple as that. I'd say they're about as credible as VGChartz is, make of that what you will.

Oh, it's insiderp :(.

My 8th gen collection

taking this with a *Huge Mountain of Salt

Around the Network

Even though it's from insiderp it would make sense for it to be around 8 million. Watch Dogs just launched so that would have given a good boost.

doesn't matter is this real or not since its already very close to this figure anyway...

For PS4 estimate it would be a <5% difference from VGC numbers, so if any of the two is correct, or nearly, the other isn't too bad, and should the real sales numbers be between the two, both estimates would be excellent.

PS: XBOne estimate is even closer to VGC's one, <1.5% difference.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

GribbleGrunger said:
manny10032 said:

BenVTrigger mentioned this a while ago.

Also wasn't Insiderp correct last time?

They were there abouts which is why I've posted this. 8 million as of 'now' though ... seems a bit high.

No they werent. Sony announced 7m on april 16th that ps4 reached that milestone by april 7th. Insiderp announced it at march 30, meaning that ps4 reached 7m before that date.

These are bullshit numbers, what can you expect from something called insiderp

That said, its not impossible for ps4 to have reached 8m.

Can I trust a site with the word (not) "derp" in it's name?