By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why you wouldn`t buy PS3 for 299$ or 199$?

I wouldn't buy it at any price because it offers nothing new to me, or anything that I want.

Around the Network

Because I don't want it. None of the games interest me.

I wouldn't buy one at any suggested retail price. I already own a Wii, the PS3 is a flop, and Sony consoles in general aren't that crash hot.

Because the games are kinda stale, its not fun, and I already own everything I'll need for this Gen, Wii *check* 360 *check* PC *check* looks like I'm good to go.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

PDF said:
The PS3 was worth every penny I spent on it. At the time I bought a ps3 if I were to try to make one myself it would of cost me $800. Sony saved me about $300, I find that pretty generous that there willing to lose that kinda cash for me.

The census here does not represent the real world at all.
Both my friends who had a Wii have now sold theirs. the lucky bastards made about a $200 off of them. One bought a 360 while the other bought a ps3.

If you own a wii and you say it is all you need then that means your are pretty much a fan of Nintendo only games. That is the only thing the Wii has that no other console doesnt. The 360/ps3 have far more to offer.

Mark my words wii fanboys. I bet 80% of you will own another console.

We should make that a bet?

Around the Network
PDF said:
The PS3 was worth every penny I spent on it. At the time I bought a ps3 if I were to try to make one myself it would of cost me $800. Sony saved me about $300, I find that pretty generous that there willing to lose that kinda cash for me.

Both my friends who had a Wii have now sold theirs. the lucky bastards made about a $200 off of them. One bought a 360 while the other bought a ps3.

If you own a wii and you say it is all you need then that means your are pretty much a fan of Nintendo only games. That is the only thing the Wii has that no other console doesnt. The 360/ps3 have far more to offer.

yet your census of two of your friends somehow does represent the real world?

The real world has chosen, and they've chosen the Wii.  

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

omgwtfbbq said:
PDF said:

yet your census of two of your friends somehow does represent the real world?

The real world has chosen, and they've chosen the Wii.

But the Wii's just a fad. Expect mass wii ebaying in mid 2008. Nobody's going to buy it from then on.

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

fazz said:
PDF said:

We should make that a bet?

Does the PC count as "another console".

I've tried to like the PS3. Whenever I go to my friends house and play the only game he has, nba something, the only interesting demo was Ninja Gaiden Sigma. During Christmas my poor cousin got the PS3 even though he wanted the Wii (got him covered since he will be getting it from me at his communion), his father is all into the HD and BR. I'm always frustrated with the console controllers for shooters, never liked it and never will put in my time to learn it, so got bored as hell with their shooter games, same with racing games (only their motorstorm demo was fun). At the end, was going to give a try on Rachet since many of you said it was better than SMG in the platformer genre... and in comes the shooter elements -> pause and exit. 

I was deciding to buy the PS3 whenever the slim version came out, only because of the BR player. But I've been put off by that also, the decision made at the end, buy a HD capable media center PC. I can do multiple things at my choice of OS and multiple choice of input/output periferals. And when it becomes old, I'll just replace my desktop computer with this media center. Win/Win.

So price isn't a factor, only value.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

PDF said:

Man, I love blow ups like this. I can almost see you shaking your furious fist in the air as you proclaim that last forbode. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:
PDF said:

Man, I love blow ups like this. I can almost see you shaking your furious fist in the air as you proclaim that last forbode.

You'll pay for this, Bodhesatva! 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!