By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why you wouldn`t buy PS3 for 299$ or 199$?

I might get one at $199 at least 6 months after I purchased a $150 wii. Unless the new final fantasy blows my mind in which case maybe.. just maybe $299 + FF bundle.

Around the Network

Im gonna start calling crazzyman desperado from now on.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Well, I have 35 consoles.
I have spent over $100 three times:

Intellivision 1982
C-64 1984
Wii 2007
(Technically, I also bought a Coleco ADAM for $600 but I returned it when it crashed).

I have a PS1 (free) and PS2 ($40).
I have Xbox ($99).
I have NES (trade), SNES (gift), N64 (trade), GC ($40)
I have Jag ($50) and 3D0 ($50)
I have SMS ($10), Genesis (gift), Saturn ($50), DC (trade)

So you see, if you hold out, you can get anything cheaply.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

I dont buy Sony products, their fans are arrogant, the company is arrogant, and i don't like those nationalistic japanese people who buy only japanese products.

I will buy ps3 when it acually has good games that are out

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

Just because something is $199 doesn't mean I have to go out and buy it.

And besides, when it's $199 in the US it's still going to cost around $450 AUD, and no that's not exchange rate, that's just our horrible markup, seeing as the AUD and the USD are nearly the same value these days (7.8 cents off as of last night)

i would think about it at 199. But at the same, I already have a Wii.

But realistically, if the price of the PS3 went down to 200 bucks, imagine the price of the Xbox or the Wii.

An Xbox360 at 199 or 150 will come much sooner than a PS3 at 199. The same goes for a Wii at 99 or 150.

MS and Nintendo won't just let PS3 go down to 250 or 199 without doing anything about their own prices.

the thing about nintendo they sell so well they dont need to change thier plans 20 different times during the year like sony.

MynameisGARY

i dont really need a blu-ray player

Inferior controller
No Zelda or Metroid
Bad experiences with Sony
Don't want anything to do with Blu-Ray
Sony fanboys