By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Project Beast (much wow)(webm + youtube leak)

starcraft said:
OT:

Game looks very good. Hopefully its a tad easier so that noobs like me can pick it up!

No way!! I want it to be harder, Dark Souls 2 was too easy. I want to die every 5 seconds :P

Around the Network
DakonBlackblade said:
Lets all just hold our horses plz, we dont know anything yet, all we have is a 15 seconds trailer saying From Software, a Souls looking game and thats it. It could be for the WiiU or for the Atari Jaguar, we have 0 solid info about it beeing PS4 exclusive or that Japan Studio is involved in the project.

Also if Japan Studio does turn out to be involved in this game, where does that leave the Last Guardian ? Sony need to just admit they canned that project its getting ridiculous...

The same guy who leaked the footage confirmed that It's a Japan studio and From Software project. Japan Studio is big and work on lots of titles at the same time, TLG (Team ICO) are in a different department, they would have nothing to do with this game.

estebxx said:
i really like these leaks but i get the feeling that by the time E3 finally arrives i would have spoiled myself more than half of the surprises... so i should probably stop coming to this forums until then but... oh the temptation!.

Agree, but I can't stay away. Unless I request a ban, but then I would still lurk. 

wary-wallaroo said:
starcraft said:

Ahh fair enough, my mistake then.  Well if it is simply your personal opinion of how such an announcement would affect your view of each console's performance during their conferences, then you're certainly entitled to that.

Apologies for my misunderstanding!

No issue, honestly, I may be a bit blinded since I do like the series quite a bit. But it's pretty evident that it's a huge series in the core community. It's not going to light the world on fire sales wise but it'll contribute to Sony's image as the "choice for gamers". I think that's been their goal from the onset, cement themselves with the Core, get them on board, and then start working on the mainstream audience (though to be honest, I think all they need to do that is have the big multiplats like always). 

Interesting you say that, I agree.

Outset of the previous gen Sony was casual focused to too great an extent, and MS hardcore focused to too great an extent.

They have both tried to redress that imbalance.  There is no denying Sony has done that better...for a while Microsoft was too casual focused, its only now they are starting to get back on track.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

How big is From Studio?

Assuming they put this game right after Dark Souls 2 was completed there is little chance this game is released before next year last quarter.

Ah, and how safe can people tell this game will be exclusive to PS4? Sony has to funding or do the hatefull "money hatting" the game.

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
think-man said:

The same guy who leaked the footage confirmed that It's a Japan studio and From Software project. Japan Studio is big and work on lots of titles at the same time, TLG (Team ICO) are in a different department, they would have nothing to do with this game.

We have to remmeber a very similar story happened with PS3's Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

The leaks had it that it was retitled to FFXV, moved to Playstation 4 and was being co-developed by Sony and Square. Well.. It turns out Sony's involvement and exclusivity were false informations!

True. but this is the same guy whos seen it in action and leaked the footage, Id imagine it would be pretty strange to do this and still get the platform wrong. Stranger things have happened though, I just want the game :D

Dark_Feanor said:
How big is From Studio?

Assuming they put this game right after Dark Souls 2 was completed there is little chance this game is released before next year last quarter.

Ah, and how safe can people tell this game will be exclusive to PS4? Sony has to funding or do the hatefull "money hatting" the game.

Nah, that's only a bad thing if you're MS. 

Dark_Feanor said:
How big is From Studio?

I think they have 2 teams, cause ppl looked at the credits of DS2 and saw key ppl from Dark Souls and Demon Souls were absent from that game.  Also if Sony Japan Studio is really co-developing it its gonna come out even quicker. 

Dark_Feanor said:
How big is From Studio?

They're a 2 team studio I believe. Their "b-team" made Dark Souls 2.

Maybe if they weren't a 2 team studio. Though I do still expect it to be sometime next year.

Well, the person who leaked all this footage said it was, along with multiple other insiders. And according to the same insiders, it's being codeveloped by Sony Japan, so I wouldn't really call that moneyhatting. Helping to create a game is good, paying for people with other consoles to not be allowed to play it is not.

DucksUnlimited said:

Dark_Feanor said:
How big is From Studio?

They're a 2 team studio I believe. Their "b-team" made Dark Souls 2.

Maybe if they weren't a 2 team studio. Though I do still expect it to be sometime next year.

Well, the person who leaked all this footage said it was, along with multiple other insiders. And according to the same insiders, it's being codeveloped by Sony Japan, so I wouldn't really call that moneyhatting. Helping to create a game is good, paying for people with other consoles to not be allowed to play it is not.

TRUE, very true there is a BIG difference in getting your first party studios to help develop an exclusive with a third party studio, to just going to a third party studio and paying them for the exclusivity rights for said game.