By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Project Beast (much wow)(webm + youtube leak)

so what would people think if this is there only big surprise game?

Around the Network
starcraft said:
wary-wallaroo said:

Souls is huge with the core community. There's next to nothing MS could show to outdo it unless, as I said, it's something absolutely huge like GTA or Fallout (which isn't happening). Nintendo still has Zelda though.

Combined sales for the two Dark Souls games across two platforms (Ps3/360) is less than 4 million.  There are plenty of games we already know MS is showing that will out do it.

These GIFs look awesome, the developer's pedigree is excellent.  This will likely be a fantastic game - I suspect 85+.

Thats no reason to just pretend its some sort of game changer - particularly not when it has been expected for a long time!

He's talking about the effect on and reception from the core community, not total software sales.

Azerth said:

wary-wallaroo said:
starcraft said:
wary-wallaroo said:
BenVTrigger said:

Souls is huge with the core community. There's next to nothing MS could show to outdo it unless, as I said, it's something absolutely huge like GTA or Fallout (which isn't happening). Nintendo still has Zelda though.

Combined sales for the two Dark Souls games across two platforms (Ps3/360) is less than 4 million.  There are plenty of games we already know MS is showing that will out do it.

These GIFs look awesome, the developer's pedigree is excellent.  This will likely be a fantastic game - I suspect 85+.

Thats no reason to just pretend its some sort of game changer - particularly not when it has been expected for a long time!

Only game they have that will outdo that is Halo (more than 4 million sales). Unless I'm missing something?

It's been expected for a long time? Last time I checked, a good chunk of people absolutely refused to believe even the idea that From would go back to exclsuivity. 

Two games sold 4 million COMBINED across TWO platforms.

The last game sold less than 900k on PS and less than 500k on 360.  Assuming a slim number of Xbox owners decide to shift to Playstation, this game will have to massively increase its market appeal to get even close to being the kind of game-changer you're describing.  To put this in perspective, the last Halo sold 6 times what the last Dark Souls sold, despite DS being on more platforms.  To put this in perspective further, Titanfall has sold more on Xbox 1 than DS has to a market of 160 million consoles.

The last bit is a matter of which threads we each frequent I guess, so I am happy to agree to disagree

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Azerth said:

this game,if really is a ps4 exclusive Souls game, is enough to make the hardcore gamming community hype the PS4 even more.

Neogaf will explode with Eltorro gifs...and hype trains.

The Xbox/PC meltdown/port-begging would be huge.

Around the Network
DucksUnlimited said:
Azerth said:

i like you

starcraft said:
wary-wallaroo said:
starcraft said:
wary-wallaroo said:
BenVTrigger said:

Only game they have that will outdo that is Halo (more than 4 million sales). Unless I'm missing something?

It's been expected for a long time? Last time I checked, a good chunk of people absolutely refused to believe even the idea that From would go back to exclsuivity. 

The last game sold less than 900k on PS and less than 500k on 360.  Assuming a slim number of Xbox owners decide to shift to Playstation, this game will have to massively increase its market appeal to get even close to being the kind of game-changer you're describing.  To put this in perspective, the last Halo sold 6 times what the last Dark Souls sold, despite DS being on more platforms.  To put this in perspective further, Titanfall has sold more on Xbox 1 than DS has to a market of 160 million consoles.

The last bit is a matter of which threads we each frequent I guess, so I am happy to agree to disagree

And Demon's Souls  did 1.69 million. I still don't get why you brought sales up though, I never even mentioned that in the original comment. I don't watch E3 to see which company makes the best decisions for the bottom line or which company has more sales potential. An exclusive souls game will generate much more hype in the core community than anything MS could drop (outside of a huge moneyhate). That's my argument. I'm not saying Souls will sell more than Halo, it's not even comparable. 

Souls has a very dedicated fanbase, and it'll no doubt move systems though obviously not on the level of Halo or GT. Most importantly, it'll keep the core's attention on Sony, and I'm of the opinion that the core often have a big impact on how well a console does with the mainstream (more of the core migrates to PS4, they get their friends to go PS4, and so on).  Sony has done an excellent job of capturing the core and this only solidifies that. 

I guess maybe if MS has Shenmue, that'd be a similarily big hit with the core.

wary-wallaroo said:
starcraft said:
wary-wallaroo said:

And Demon's Souls  did 1.69 million. I still don't get why you brought sales up though, I never even mentioned that in the original comment. I don't watch E3 to see which company makes the best decisions for the bottom line or which company has more sales potential. An exclusive souls game will generate much more hype in the core community than anything MS could drop (outside of a huge moneyhate). That's my argument. I'm not saying Souls will sell more than Halo, it's not even comparable. 

Souls has a very dedicated fanbase, and it'll no doubt move systems though obviously not on the level of Halo or GT. Most importantly, it'll keep the core's attention on Sony, and I'm of the opinion that the core often have a big impact on how well a console does with the mainstream (more of the core migrates to PS4, they get their friends to go PS4, and so on). 

Ahh fair enough, my mistake then.  Well if it is simply your personal opinion of how such an announcement would affect your view of each console's performance during their conferences, then you're certainly entitled to that.

Apologies for my misunderstanding!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

This. This right here is why I got a PS4. E3 is just a few days away!

starcraft said:
wary-wallaroo said:

Souls has a very dedicated fanbase, and it'll no doubt move systems though obviously not on the level of Halo or GT. Most importantly, it'll keep the core's attention on Sony, and I'm of the opinion that the core often have a big impact on how well a console does with the mainstream (more of the core migrates to PS4, they get their friends to go PS4, and so on). 

Ahh fair enough, my mistake then.  Well if it is simply your personal opinion of how such an announcement would affect your view of each console's performance during their conferences, then you're certainly entitled to that.

Apologies for my misunderstanding!

No issue, honestly, I may be a bit blinded since I do like the series quite a bit. But it's pretty evident that it's a huge series in the core community. It's not going to light the world on fire sales wise but it'll contribute to Sony's image as the "choice for gamers". I think that's been their goal from the onset, cement themselves with the Core, get them on board, and then start working on the mainstream audience (though to be honest, I think all they need to do that is have the big multiplats like always).