By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Project Beast (much wow)(webm + youtube leak)

wary-wallaroo said:
Vena said:

Right, but its still splitting the community. The community that has been built over the last two years over PS, Xbox, and PC, (and will keep building over the years till BeaS releases) is now going to get shattered and I hardly doubt anyone but the most dedicated are going to roll out several hundred dollars for a PS4 and, as such, the "core community" is not an appreciable or continuous term to apply here.

The majority of Sales come from PlayStation anyways and Demon's Soul sold 1.69 million on PS3 alone. I think Project Beast will do very, very well for Sony. And it's not like Dark Souls is gone, the B team is probably working on Dark Souls 3 for everyone else. All this means is PS4 is the defnitive home for the Souls series. 

The majority for what? How do you even know how the sales are for PC considering they are not tracked by... just about anyone? It will sell, certainly, but it doesn't have the same audience to stand upon as, say, Dark Souls to Dark Souls 2. The transition for many from Demon's to Dark was on word of mouth and positive reviews and the fact that it was openly available on multiple venues. From that fledgling basis you grew a community from DaS to DaS2.

That's gone if it goes back to being exclusive hence why I said you cannot count the old fanbase or core as anything reliable. The hardcore audience might blidnly toss money to the PS4, but most others will simply sit back, watch, wait, and, possibly, never buy it and just wait for DaS3 or whatever is available more openly.

Around the Network
wary-wallaroo said:
BenVTrigger said:
wary-wallaroo said:

And just like that, Sony wins E3 before it even begins (short of MS announcing an exclusive GTA or Fallout game). Throw in a little Uncharted, a dash of TLG. and maybe a pinch of GG's new RPG and they blow everyone away.

This is one massive get for Sony. 

This is a big deal, a major exclusive, but having a new Souls game doesn't mean they "won" E3. Both Sony and MS are going to come out guns blazing and its way too early to call whose conference will be better.

Souls is huge with the core community. There's next to nothing MS could show to outdo it unless, as I said, it's something absolutely huge like GTA or Fallout (which isn't happening). Nintendo still has Zelda though.

Combined sales for the two Dark Souls games across two platforms (Ps3/360) is less than 4 million.  There are plenty of games we already know MS is showing that will out do it.

These GIFs look awesome, the developer's pedigree is excellent.  This will likely be a fantastic game - I suspect 85+.

Thats no reason to just pretend its some sort of game changer - particularly not when it has been expected for a long time!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

OT:

Game looks very good. Hopefully its a tad easier so that noobs like me can pick it up!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
OT:

Game looks very good.  Hopefully its a tad easier so that noobs like me can pick it up!

oh god no no no nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Around the Network

Graphics are disappointing for being a next gen exclusive. Hopefully it's just the crappy Youtube quality.

Hell yes, that looks beyond badass.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

starcraft said:
wary-wallaroo said:
BenVTrigger said:
wary-wallaroo said:

And just like that, Sony wins E3 before it even begins (short of MS announcing an exclusive GTA or Fallout game). Throw in a little Uncharted, a dash of TLG. and maybe a pinch of GG's new RPG and they blow everyone away.

This is one massive get for Sony. 

This is a big deal, a major exclusive, but having a new Souls game doesn't mean they "won" E3. Both Sony and MS are going to come out guns blazing and its way too early to call whose conference will be better.

Souls is huge with the core community. There's next to nothing MS could show to outdo it unless, as I said, it's something absolutely huge like GTA or Fallout (which isn't happening). Nintendo still has Zelda though.

Combined sales for the two Dark Souls games across two platforms (Ps3/360) is less than 4 million.  There are plenty of games we already know MS is showing that will out do it.

These GIFs look awesome, the developer's pedigree is excellent.  This will likely be a fantastic game - I suspect 85+.

Thats no reason to just pretend its some sort of game changer - particularly not when it has been expected for a long time!

Only game they have that will outdo that is Halo (more than 4 million sales). Unless I'm missing something?

It's been expected for a long time? Last time I checked, a good chunk of people absolutely refused to believe even the idea that From would go back to exclsuivity. 

jacks81x said:
Youtube version. Hurry before it gets taken down!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0YvHBxv-3Y

OHHHHHH YEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Lets all just hold our horses plz, we dont know anything yet, all we have is a 15 seconds trailer saying From Software, a Souls looking game and thats it. It could be for the WiiU or for the Atari Jaguar, we have 0 solid info about it beeing PS4 exclusive or that Japan Studio is involved in the project.

Also if Japan Studio does turn out to be involved in this game, where does that leave the Last Guardian ? Sony need to just admit they canned that project its getting ridiculous...