By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Project Beast (much wow)(webm + youtube leak)

How am I meant to get any work done today now, I can't get those sweet images out of my head. I wouldn't even care if it was exclusive or not. Just get the damn thing out so I can play it!! :D:D::D:D:D:D

Around the Network
wary-wallaroo said:

Souls is huge with the core community. There's next to nothing MS could show to outdo it unless, as I said, it's something absolutely huge like GTA or Fallout (which isn't happening). Nintendo still has Zelda though.

Unfortunately for that analogy, the souls community is NOT just PS players. Making this a PS4 exclusive is going to fracture that pretty badly and isn't a reliable "core" since the game is no longer (as it has been for two itterations) hitting the same audience accessability.

BenVTrigger said:
wary-wallaroo said:
BenVTrigger said:

This is a big deal, a major exclusive, but having a new Souls game doesn't mean they "won" E3. Both Sony and MS are going to come out guns blazing and its way too early to call whose conference will be better.

Souls is huge with the core community. There's next to nothing MS could show to outdo it unless, as I said, it's something absolutely huge like GTA or Fallout (which isn't happening). Nintendo still has Zelda though.

Thats simply not true.

At one point in time the Souls series didnt exist. At one point Uncharted didnt exist. Halo didnt exist. Hell Mario didnt even exist.

MS could make a new IP as big as any of those games you never know. Its waaaaaaaaaay too early to declare a winner because of 1 title.

MS hasn't created a big new IP in many, many years, arguably since Halo. I wouldn't expect that from them. 

Vena said:
wary-wallaroo said:

Unfortunately for that analogy, the souls community is NOT just PS players. Making this a PS4 exclusive is going to fracture that pretty badly and isn't a reliable "core" since the game is no longer (as it has been for two itterations) hitting the same audience accessability.

It being announced this early means that Souls fans looking to upgrade can now make a choice knowing which console will be the definitive home for the Souls series, so in that sense it's good that they get the news out there. 

wary-wallaroo said:
Vena said:
wary-wallaroo said:

It being announced this early means that Souls fans looking to upgrade can now make a choice knowing which console will be the definitive home for the Souls series, so in that sense it's good that they get the news out there. 

Right, but its still splitting the community. The community that has been built over the last two years over PS, Xbox, and PC, (and will keep building over the years till BeaS releases) is now going to get shattered and I hardly doubt anyone but the most dedicated are going to roll out several hundred dollars for a PS4 and, as such, the "core community" is not an appreciable or continuous term to apply here.

jacks81x said:
Youtube version. Hurry before it gets taken down!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0YvHBxv-3Y

I would definitely play that with those visual.  

Around the Network
petroleo said:
jacks81x said:
Youtube version. Hurry before it gets taken down!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0YvHBxv-3Y

I would definitely play that with those visual.  

Hopefully we don't get the same issue as the DS2 "visuals" fiasco.

Vena said:
wary-wallaroo said:
Vena said:

Right, but its still splitting the community. The community that has been built over the last two years over PS, Xbox, and PC, (and will keep building over the years till BeaS releases) is now going to get shattered and I hardly doubt anyone but the most dedicated are going to roll out several hundred dollars for a PS4 and, as such, the "core community" is not an appreciable or continuous term to apply here.

Now as people are crossing into next gen a game like Beast Souls could convince them to pick PS4 over X1 if they're souls fans. Most PC gamers are elitest so they wouldn't support it if it didn't come to PC.

Vena said:
wary-wallaroo said:
Vena said:
wary-wallaroo said:

The majority of Sales come from PlayStation anyways and Demon's Soul sold 1.69 million on PS3 alone. I think Project Beast will do very, very well for Sony. And it's not like Dark Souls is gone, the B team is probably working on Dark Souls 3 for everyone else. All this means is PS4 is the defnitive home for the Souls series. 

wary-wallaroo said:
BenVTrigger said:
wary-wallaroo said:

And just like that, Sony wins E3 before it even begins (short of MS announcing an exclusive GTA or Fallout game). Throw in a little Uncharted, a dash of TLG. and maybe a pinch of GG's new RPG and they blow everyone away.

This is one massive get for Sony. 

This is a big deal, a major exclusive, but having a new Souls game doesn't mean they "won" E3. Both Sony and MS are going to come out guns blazing and its way too early to call whose conference will be better.

You're being ridiculous. There are maybe 2-3 franchises ever created that even touch GTA. Souls is not even close.

tuscaniman99 said:
wary-wallaroo said:
BenVTrigger said:
wary-wallaroo said:

And just like that, Sony wins E3 before it even begins (short of MS announcing an exclusive GTA or Fallout game). Throw in a little Uncharted, a dash of TLG. and maybe a pinch of GG's new RPG and they blow everyone away.

This is one massive get for Sony. 

You're being ridiculous. There are maybe 2-3 franchises ever created that even touch GTA. Souls is not even close.

Sales wise, of course not. The amount of hype they generate though? Certainly. An exclusive Souls is a home run with the core community.