By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 and Wii cross streams: Wii now ahead of PS4 at the same point in time

Will PS4 regain the 1st position?

Damn right it will! 165 38.73%

Not a chance, son. 259 60.80%

Total:424
Xenostar said:
jlmurph2 said:
Xenostar said:
With it being double the price I'm amazed it managed 27 weeks, great achievement.

Wii was super supply constrained for like 3 years right?

Not sure how long, i know it was always hard to get around christmas time tho. 

It was even hard to get in May 2008

Around the Network
vivster said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
AnthonyW86 said:

Revenge of the casuals haha.

But seriously it was bound to happen, though it's because of Japan it happened so quickly.

I just checked. Excluding Japan, the PS4 is a whopping 2m units ahead O.o

UUUUUH, I would love a graph for that :)

Making another graph and having to substract Japanese sales from WW totals for two consoles for 27 weeks would be a pain in the ass.

I might endure this ass pain some time soon because I'm also curious, but not now.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

jlmurph2 said:
Xenostar said:
jlmurph2 said:
Xenostar said:
With it being double the price I'm amazed it managed 27 weeks, great achievement.

Wii was super supply constrained for like 3 years right?

Not sure how long, i know it was always hard to get around christmas time tho. 

And?

vivster said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
AnthonyW86 said:

Revenge of the casuals haha.

But seriously it was bound to happen, though it's because of Japan it happened so quickly.

I just checked. Excluding Japan, the PS4 is a whopping 2m units ahead O.o

UUUUUH, I would love a graph for that :)

Me to, maybe a thread even. VGChartz already does a monthly worldwide comparison chart so it will give a fresh look at things.

2 minutes ago, the poll was neck and neck. Now it's super-skewed toward the 2nd option. Da fuk?

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network
Xenostar said:
jlmurph2 said:

And?

Just saying, it was throughout the whole year and not just holidays that Wii was supply constrained.

jlmurph2 said:

Just saying, it was throughout the whole year and not just holidays that Wii was supply constrained.

Fair enough still an acheivment for a £350 console to outsell a £179 console for 6 months, especially when the bottom has fallen out of console gaming in Japan. If you look at just western numbers, PS4 is still significantly ahead. 

Xenostar said:
jlmurph2 said:

Fair enough still an acheivment for a £350 console to outsell a £179 console for 6 months, especially when the bottom has fallen out of console gaming in Japan. If you look at just western numbers, PS4 is still significantly ahead. 

I thought this thread was about Worldwide? But trust if the Wii was available like how the PS4 is/was for these 6 months, there wouldn't be as many of these excuses. Bottom line is that it's not logical for this gen to last as long as 7th gen with how fast tech is moving now. So if PS4 wants to sell more than the Wii, it has to do Wii numbers/better than Wii numbers, which it won't. What's gonna be the excuse when Wii passes it in western numbers too?

Pretty much expected given Japan, the price point and the casual market the Wii tapped into. Still a decent achievement though, no matter the people trying to downplay it

GG wii, we will cross streams again some day.