By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 and Wii cross streams: Wii now ahead of PS4 at the same point in time

Will PS4 regain the 1st position?

Damn right it will! 165 38.73%

Not a chance, son. 259 60.80%

Total:424
think-man said:
DerNebel said:
I stand by what I always said: the PS4 doesn't need to outsell the Wii now to outsell it lifetime, it just needs to have a longer life.

The Wii peaked and died quickly, if the PS4 can last as long as the PS3 and keep selling good then it will outsell it for sure.

Pretty much. The PS4 still has alot of room for price cuts and is getting alot more games, weekly sales are only going to rise in the next couple years. Just imagine what a PS4 at $250, when it has Uncharted, GT, hopefully a couple new exclusive franchises that explode and a ton of multiplats, will sell.

Around the Network

When cross-platform will stop ps4 will regain the first position

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Xenostar said:
With it being double the price I'm amazed it managed 27 weeks, great achievement.

Wii was super supply constrained for like 3 years right?

Nice graph, I waited for this. There might be the chance for the PS4 to stay close these holidays. I don't really think though that the PS4 will ever catch it completely.

Comparison with PS2 would be nice as well.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

AnthonyW86 said:

Revenge of the casuals haha.

But seriously it was bound to happen, though it's because of Japan it happened so quickly.

I just checked. Excluding Japan, the PS4 is a whopping 2m units ahead O.o

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network
vivster said:

Nice graph, I waited for this. There might be the chance for the PS4 to stay close these holidays. I don't really think though that the PS4 will ever catch it completely.

Comparison with PS2 would be nice as well.

If only VGC still had those numbers in the database... I remembered they were there when I joined the site. Although perhaps not early PS2 numbers, as VGC didn't exist then.

Shipment numbers are all we have.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

think-man said:
DerNebel said:
I stand by what I always said: the PS4 doesn't need to outsell the Wii now to outsell it lifetime, it just needs to have a longer life.

The Wii peaked and died quickly, if the PS4 can last as long as the PS3 and keep selling good then it will outsell it for sure.

The Wii had 4-5 good years depending who you ask, not exactly quick. Its interesting to note theWii sold so amazing in that few years and sold tens of  millions more that most consoles with a longer life(PS2PS1 being the exceptions).

Troll_Whisperer said:
AnthonyW86 said:

But seriously it was bound to happen, though it's because of Japan it happened so quickly.

Yeah Wii sold like crazy in Japan, it sold close to 5m in just over a year i believe. If we only look at the U.S. and Europe ps4 could easily hold the lead till the holidays, wich will make for a very interesting comparison.

Troll_Whisperer said:
AnthonyW86 said:

UUUUUH, I would love a graph for that :)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

jlmurph2 said:
Xenostar said:
With it being double the price I'm amazed it managed 27 weeks, great achievement.

Wii was super supply constrained for like 3 years right?

Not sure how long, i know it was always hard to get around christmas time tho.