By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why the Watchdogs hate?

It looks like a booooooooooooooooo..... zzzzzzzzzzzz. (sorry i overslept), boooooring game.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
mind said:
JPL78 said:

It has an 82 on metacritic and a lot of people are really enjoyng it. That's your definition of shitty?

It also has ~5/10 user scores, so? With all well-deserved hate, it's still won't cause any damage to Ubisoft, while it should.

Great response. Lets ignore the general concensus and instead focus on few the negative reviews.

Most reasonable people know to ignore the user reviews. Trolls, however love em' because they can rate games they never even played the lowest possible score then go into internet threads and say "look, it got low user scores!" As if that proves anything.

I don't "hate" Watch_Dogs, but it doesn't look like a very exciting game to me!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

regin2005 said:
JPL78 said:

But almost every publisher is guilty of this kind of crap to the point where you can't trust any "footage" you see at E3.

Ok, so in the game's current state, what was the 6 month delay for then?  To release the game together for the 8th gen consoles?  If Ubisoft needed more time for the 8th gen consoles, that's fine.  A 6 month delay to help finish/polish the game (8th gen) would have been appreciated.  But when they release the game and the game is buggy/has bugs and looks like crap, people who waited patiently for the game is gonna be upset.

GTA released last year, we all know that.  GTA also released on 7th gen hardware.  Again, we all know this.  So, if a game that's also being released 7th gen hardware, in the same genre (open world) shouldn't the game at the very least look BETTER if it were DELAYED 6 more months after its supposedly Nov release date.  Yes, a game will ALWAYS have bugs.  There's no denying that. 

Then again, what was this delay for when the game that EVERYONE was talking about and anticipating for?

Are you talking about the last gen version? I can't judge how that version looks but the PS4 version looks damn good to me. Second Son is more detailed but Watchdogs has better foliage, wind, sunsets, seamless interiors, destruction physics on most the items you hit with your car, fluid and realistic civilian animations, a better sense of scale and in general a city that feels much more alive. I do think side by side people would still say Second Son is more impressive because it has showier effects.

Mummelmann said:
Not meeting the enormous levels of hype, delays everywhere, falling into the "jack of all trades, master of none" of most open world games, disappointing visuals etc. I haven't tried it myself yet but I can see how some would be disappointed, hating it is a tad harsh though, and uncalled for.

Thats nonsense, the visuals are great, especially on PS4 & PC

Around the Network
regin2005 said:
JPL78 said:
regin2005 said:
Acevil said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Delay, downgraded graphics, false advertising, and worst of all, 5 collectors editions with none of them including everything

That seems to be the biggest reason I have seen. The Delay killed hype, but the graphics caused the hate. Given I don't blame them for downgrading the game. Maybe next generation they can get their wish. 

^^
THIS

This is your answer to your question of why people HATE Watchdogs right now.

But almost every publisher is guilty of this kind of crap to the point where you can't trust any "footage" you see at E3.

Ok, so in the game's current state, what was the 6 month delay for then?  To release the game together for the 8th gen consoles?  If Ubisoft needed more time for the 8th gen consoles, that's fine.  A 6 month delay to help finish/polish the game (8th gen) would have been appreciated.  But when they release the game and the game is buggy/has bugs and looks like crap, people who waited patiently for the game is gonna be upset.

GTA released last year, we all know that.  GTA also released on 7th gen hardware.  Again, we all know this.  So, if a game that's also being released 7th gen hardware, in the same genre (open world) shouldn't the game at the very least look BETTER if it were DELAYED 6 more months after its supposedly Nov release date.  Yes, a game will ALWAYS have bugs.  There's no denying that. 

Then again, what was this delay for when the game that EVERYONE was talking about and anticipating for?

They found the game to be overtly repetitive and I imagine they didn't want to Assassin Creed 1 the franchise. Further more, I believe PC version needs fixing, I hear the other versions have no more bugs than any other game. (I hear it has to do with Uplay for some....stupid Uplay)

Also the game doesn't look bad, it just doesn't look like what was originally promised. Also you are gonna get that with a lot of games that are on all four consoles. PS3 and 360 are holding things back to certain extent, but these games are originally made with PS3/Xbox360/PC in mind. 

PS: I am really enjoying the game, but if I had the PC version, I bet I would hate trying to play it. 
PSS: I think I am in the mood to argue. These day I just find gamers to be overtly negative about anything that isn't part of exclusive list on their console. Part of me thinks they are starting to get spoiled. 

It's a popular game, and the people who lost hype for it are justifying their lost interest or decision not to purchase the game by attacking the easy to point out flaws. Also the community has a hate quota to fill. Hating on WiiU and Vita is old, there's no new ammunition there.

This is the biggest attackable thing this month, especially with some lost hype and people tired of hearing of it for months. I'm just glad MK8 is avoiding such a reaction.

Because their traillers where total BS. The game is fun, but actually the graphics are way worse than advertised. I'm not talking about PS4 and X1, the PC version on Ultra isn't much better than GTA V (except resolution, AA and reflexes), that is a PS360 game. Texture are pretty bad. Despite that, the optimization is terrible: PS4 at 900p@30fps, X1 at 720p@30fps and the PC version is ridiculously demanding, it's actually way more than Metro: Last Light, even if it looks like garbage compared to Metro.

In the end, lightning is good, reflexes are good, textures are bad, cars are downright horrible (GTA V has better car models). About the game itself, it is good and have decent mechanics and I recommend you. The game itself doesn't deserves the hate, but the fake traillers that were shown until the launch were just a lie to consumer. Game: 7.5, Ubisoft: 2.

I'm reading good things about the everywhere.

Gamers behave like kids these days.

zumnupy10 said:

Gamers behave like kids these days.

Not in this case. Ubisoft showed fake gameplay trailers with visuals that aren't even on the PC version until the end. That's straight lies to the consumer. They presented it like a 8th gen graphical powerhouse with superb physics and animations and delivered a game that is equal, and sometimes inferior, to 7th gen graphics with none of the promissed physics and animations. If they showed the real game, no problem. But they simply kept it hidden.