By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why the Watchdogs hate?

mind said:
JPL78 said:
mind said:
Why? WHY? WWWWHHHHYYYYYY?

Maybe because Ubisoft released shitty product and still going to make tons of money, nah?

Here we go. This is what I was talking about. No real reasoning just "shitty product" and then sarcastic hate at the thought Ubi Soft would make money (the whole reason any publisher exists).

It's by any means a "shitty product", or, if you want, low-quality one.

All reasoning is already done multiple times, nothing is hidden from someone.

It's not just the Ubisoft, it's the whole industry problem, it's not right, when you can screw the customer in every possible way and still get huge profits.

It has an 82 on metacritic and a lot of people are really enjoyng it. That's your definition of shitty?

Around the Network

Graphics are downgraded, even the PC version on max setting isn't as good as what they showed in E3, its close but not quite as nice. Some missions in the trailer doesn't even exist, its a scam.
You won't see things like that with MK8, game is legit and no bad surprise.

False Advertising
Bad story
uPlay
The dumb amount of editions and seasons passes
World as big as GTAV.
Lack of traffic for Chicago
Gun-play is samey
Some other small things
I don't think anyone hates it, just disappointed by it.

JPL78 said:
mind said:
JPL78 said:
mind said:
Why? WHY? WWWWHHHHYYYYYY?

Maybe because Ubisoft released shitty product and still going to make tons of money, nah?

Here we go. This is what I was talking about. No real reasoning just "shitty product" and then sarcastic hate at the thought Ubi Soft would make money (the whole reason any publisher exists).

It's by any means a "shitty product", or, if you want, low-quality one.

All reasoning is already done multiple times, nothing is hidden from someone.

It's not just the Ubisoft, it's the whole industry problem, it's not right, when you can screw the customer in every possible way and still get huge profits.

It has an 82 on metacritic and a lot of people are really enjoyng it. That's your definition of shitty?

It also has ~5/10 user scores, so? With all well-deserved hate, it's still won't cause any damage to Ubisoft, while it should.

Nintendo 2018

English is not my native language.

Personally, I hate Uplay because they allowed their servers to get actually hacked (not fun time pretend hacked) & my email/password was stolen last July & cross referenced with my paypal which had the same login info (my bad), then the hackers (real ones, not fun time pretend hackers) used my paypal account to empty my bank account, all before Ubisoft even announced that their servers had been compromised.

Yes, I shouldn't have used the same info, but Ubisofts handling was atrocious. So now if I want to play this fun time pretend hacking game I would need to reclaim my actually hacked Uplay account.

So personally I hate Watch Dogs because it uses Uplay, & Ubisoft is tacky as shit for selling this hacking game with a straight face after being hacked themselves. For me it's a combination of Uplay hate, & thematic relevance to my personal experience with Ubisoft, who I no longer support.

Around the Network

I saw the gameplay in person and thought it was great.Nothing innovative or unique about it.But give Watch Dogs a try before you nail the game to a cross.

It's such a negative time with video-games right now. People can't simply dislike a game and move on, they have to attack it. I've never been very interested in Watch Dogs, mostly because I'm not a GTA fan, but the way people are going after it and trying to bring it down is kind of silly. The same with Destiny and I even saw someone attack the new Borderlands game for not being different enough.

mind said:
JPL78 said:

It also has ~5/10 user scores, so? With all well-deserved hate, it's still won't cause any damage to Ubisoft, while it should.

Great response. Lets ignore the general concensus and instead focus on few the negative reviews.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I'm wondering the same thing but thanks to all the hate, my expectation went slowing down and now I'm enjoying the game.

JPL78 said:
regin2005 said:
Acevil said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Delay, downgraded graphics, false advertising, and worst of all, 5 collectors editions with none of them including everything

That seems to be the biggest reason I have seen. The Delay killed hype, but the graphics caused the hate. Given I don't blame them for downgrading the game. Maybe next generation they can get their wish. 

^^
THIS

This is your answer to your question of why people HATE Watchdogs right now.

But almost every publisher is guilty of this kind of crap to the point where you can't trust any "footage" you see at E3.

Ok, so in the game's current state, what was the 6 month delay for then?  To release the game together for the 8th gen consoles?  If Ubisoft needed more time for the 8th gen consoles, that's fine.  A 6 month delay to help finish/polish the game (8th gen) would have been appreciated.  But when they release the game and the game is buggy/has bugs and looks like crap, people who waited patiently for the game is gonna be upset.

GTA released last year, we all know that.  GTA also released on 7th gen hardware.  Again, we all know this.  So, if a game that's also being released 7th gen hardware, in the same genre (open world) shouldn't the game at the very least look BETTER if it were DELAYED 6 more months after its supposedly Nov release date.  Yes, a game will ALWAYS have bugs.  There's no denying that. 

Then again, what was this delay for when the game that EVERYONE was talking about and anticipating for?

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY