By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WII U surpasses PS4 in japan

ImmortalHelixFossil said:
DerNebel said:

Yeah, we will get people dooming the PS4 and acting as if the Wii U is now on a certain path to number one in Japan, while other people are going to argue that it's because the PS4 has no games for the Japanese audience and that the Wii U is getting its biggest game next week, alot of shit will be thrown around, a couple people will probably get banned, fun times.

On another unrelated note, I:SS has the strongest opening for a Infamous game in Japan, which is at least something.

Playstation 4 is doing terrible numbers in Japan and beasting worldwide! Still, it's a decent opening for Infamous in Japan.

Pretty much.

Around the Network
Aielyn said:
Just thought I'd point out that Wii U hasn't surpassed PS4 because the PS4 didn't surpass the Wii U. What *has* happened is that the Wii U is now selling better than PS4.

Still notable, I just like accuracy.

What's really remarkable is that it's done it with not a single Wii U title in Media Create's top 20, while PS4 had Infamous: Second Son in 2nd place. How big would the gap have been if it weren't for Infamous?

But it will have a title at number one next week, that's what boosted the sales somewhat.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Nice preboost for Wii U but we all know next week is when things get interesting

Also, good SW sales for I:SS although this isn't the type of game that would boost HW in Japan (as shown by the numbers)

It wasn't over 9000 though.

Around the Network
Aielyn said:
Just thought I'd point out that Wii U hasn't surpassed PS4 because the PS4 didn't surpass the Wii U. What *has* happened is that the Wii U is now selling better than PS4.

Still notable, I just like accuracy.

What's really remarkable is that it's done it with not a single Wii U title in Media Create's top 20, while PS4 had Infamous: Second Son in 2nd place. How big would the gap have been if it weren't for Infamous?

Personally, I don't think the changes would have been major without Infamous, perhaps not even noticed, the two first ones sold 120 and 80k in Japan lifetime, a mere 4.5% (roughly) of the global sales in the third largest market, this is hardly a series to cause ripples at all in Japan.

Doesn't surprise me. Sony has not really done anything to gain any sales at all. Heres hoping the Wii U will continue to outsell it so developers can put some Jrpgs on it :3

DerNebel said:
...today is going to be an annoying day on vgchartz. lol

Now you know how it feels like for us Ninty fans...

Huh, didn't expect it for this week yet with the launch of Infamous, but there it is. Good for WiiU I guess. One would think this lead should last a while with Mario Kart coming next week.

I do hope for PS4 that it won't go as low as WiiU did last year (like 3k or something it was).

I'm sorry but I cannot be happy with this.. There's only one week left until the megaton known as Mario Kart 8 releases and U manages to sell less than 10k only? Even though is great that it surpasses PS4, those numbers are still a tragedy.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...