By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Sony is going to lose E3 2014!

Talal said:
Honest answer: I feel like all 3 will suck. Which one will suck the least? I don't know, maybe Nintendo since the Wii U has been out the longest.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Hope they have awesome games this time at E3!

The Legend of Zelda: Darkness U

pitzy272 said:
As a PS fan, I am kind of worried PS4 will be a bit weak compared to XBO this year.

In sales term ? Not a chance .

I games term, even less chances

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

I actually agree, i think Sony will have a good showing, but critically i dont think they will "Win", simply because they dont need to, there so far ahead right now they have nothing to fear for a while, they can just focus on whatever the next 6-8 months is bringing and make sure those things get as much press as possible, they dont need to be firing all guns and showing stuff thats miles out which will just be shown again at next years E3.

Didn't have time to read all the posts, but I just wanted to say that Sony doesn't need to show any great exclusive to get the consumer and PR enthusiasm on their side. If they learned anything from last year's MS fiasco, then they should know by now that little demonstrations of loyalty to its fan base will keep the ball rolling.

My suggestion to Sony would be to make all the digital game purchases for PS1, 2 & PSN to automatically transfer to the PS4 Plus members as a thank you to the fan base. All those who don't have PS4 Plus just need to pay a small transfer service (followed by an explanation that it takes money to move all these data around; hence the charge).

They could go even further by giving all the early adopters the right to play their PS3 digital purchases (with the exception of those received from PSN Plus) on their streaming service for the first year as a way to test out the service and ease the transition into the PS4 generation.

I think this could win them E3 regardless of what games MS and Nintendo drop.

Just my 2 cents.

Around the Network

hmmm thoughts on original post.

With that being said, I believe MS will pout on a damn good show, they have held alot of their cards close to the chest and I think the most surprises will come out of them.

Sony will not be as shitty as the OP makes them sound but it will not be a blowout smash like last year either. They have let alot out of the gate as far as what we know of what will be comming so not going to be that much surprised even if last guardian was announced(even duke nukem forever eventually came out) Plus there will be a new person other than jack trenton we dont know how good or horrrible he will be, on a personal note, god please dont let him be like reggie, that guy makes me fall asleep its so lethargic.

I'll make some bold predictions:
Sony will win e3 according to Sony fanboys,
M$ will win e3 according to M$ fanboys,
Nintendo will win e3 according to Nin fanboys.
Most likely all 3 companies are going to suck.

maybe its just me, but I've never been worried about Sony and games ever. maybe it's the new crossovers (from ms to sony) that are worried because their former console preference are blowing lots of smoke (rehashes & sequels.. whoopdeedoo) these past few weeks? it's okay transplants.. if 3 console generations and numerous original IPs haven't convinced you then nothing will.. just know, unless some oddwordly clusterflub happens sony will deliver this gen just as well as it has the PS1-3. so just chill out cause you're in good hands.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

I don't see how most of these can't apply to Microsoft / Nintendo either.

As for predicting that not many games are going to be shown for PS4, that's just wishful thinking.

bubblegamer said:
Mr Khan said:
bubblegamer said:
Well they've won every year since 2009 and even if their show was weak, the competition is even weaker or absent in Nintendo's case, so no agrees here. Anyways it sounds more like a wish than a prediction.

Absent?

What do you call not attending the event! :O

What i was trying politely (hence the invocation of the delightfully passive-aggressive Dolores Umbridge) to say is that it is revisionist to downplay the digital event by equating it to non-attendance. I've gotten sick of that comparison being made by posters.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.