By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Sony is going to lose E3 2014!

After the "incredible" E3 presentation they did in 2013, Sony is going to lose this one big time. There is a fair amount of reasons that support my prediction and I will make sure to list them.

Reason #1: "$399" This a big reason why Sony is going to get slaughtered at E3. We all remember the famous announcement that Sony did in 2013, when they said that the PS4 was going to be $399. Well... there is nothing like that this year. There is no new hardware announcement, no expected price drops, nothing at all!

There is one thing we can expect though! Games, games and more games... right Sony?

Reason #2: The PS4 has "no gaemz" Anyone who owns a PS4 is happy with it, it's a great piece of hardware. But most of them agree that the PS4 lacks a "little bit" in the games department (specially in Japan where the PS4 didn't take off thanks to the lack of "system-sellers"). So what better time to announce games than the E3? Last year we had a handful of games announced that piqued the interest of lots of gamers. Games like: Driveclub, The Order, Deep Down, etc... so what games is Sony expected to show this year? The announement of new IP's (maybe) and the reveal (hopefully) of Uncharted 4, and the same ones we had at E3 2013...

Seems good right? Well think twice...

Reason #3: "Delaystation 4" (Credit goes to a VG Chartz user whose username I can't remember...) Even though the PS4 has a good amount of games announced for it there is a slight problem that PS4 users face... Release dates. The Order, Deep Down, Uncharted 4, The Witcher 3, etc every game that was announced for the PS4 is facing a serious delay. Most gamers expected to play some of this games in 2014 but it seems that developers "need more time" with their games to "perfect" them. Most of them are pushed to 2015 or later.

Reason #4: Vita... The Vita will get a small portion of the main event and few games will be announced for it. In short, Sony will ignore the system again.

These are the main reasons why I think that Sony is going to lose E3 2014. I do expect them to do better on E3 2015!

Anyway what are your thoughts people?

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

Yeah, well, they could show The Last Guardian. Then your mean thread will look really silly!

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

I completely agree with everything posted by the op.  It's meant to be a joke thread, but there's truth in everything he's posted.

kupomogli said:
I completely agree with everything posted by the op.

Looking at your post history hardly a shock LOL.

Lose? Win? No one wins or loses e3, ps4 will still outsell everything else regardless of what happens at e3. Most people dont care about e3 outside of hardcore forum dwellers, most games coming the fall are multiplat,.

Reason's why Sony wont win E3:
1). They don't have to
DONE

Around the Network

Sony already lost last E3 when it came to the actual GAMES they showed. Microsoft blew them away in that department.

Anfebious said:

After the "incredible" E3 presentation they did in 2013, Sony is going to lose this one big time. There is a fair amount of reasons that support my prediction and I will make sure to list them.

Reason #1: "$399" This a big reason why Sony is going to get slaughtered at E3. We all remember the famous announcement that Sony did in 2013, when they said that the PS4 was going to be $399. Well... there is nothing like that this year. There is no new hardware announcement, no expected price drops, nothing at all!

There is one thing we can expect though! Games, games and more games... right Sony?

Reason #2: The PS4 has "no gaemz" Anyone who owns a PS4 is happy with it, it's a great piece of hardware. But most of them agree that the PS4 lacks a "little bit" in the games department (specially in Japan where the PS4 didn't take off thanks to the lack of "system-sellers"). So what better time to announce games than the E3? Last year we had a handful of games announced that piqued the interest of lots of gamers. Games like: Driveclub, The Order, Deep Down, etc... so what games is Sony expected to show this year? The announement of new IP's (maybe) and the reveal (hopefully) of Uncharted 4, and the same ones we had at E3 2013...

Seems good right? Well think twice...

Reason #3: "Delaystation 4" (Credit goes to a VG Chartz user whose username I can't remember...) Even though the PS4 has a good amount of games announced for it there is a slight problem that PS4 users face... Release dates. The Order, Deep Down, Uncharted 4, The Witcher 3, etc every game that was announced for the PS4 is facing a serious delay. Most gamers expected to play some of this games in 2014 but it seems that developers "need more time" with their games to "perfect" them. Most of them are pushed to 2015 or later.

Reason #4: Vita... The Vita will get a small portion of the main event and few games will be announced for it. In short, Sony will ignore the system again.

These are the main reasons why I think that Sony is going to lose E3 2014. I do expect them to do better on E3 2015!

Anyway what are your thoughts people?

Anyone who thinks there is a winner/loser or that e3 matters that much is foolish..........It won;t have much of a bearing on anything. Sony fans will say sony won, Ms fans will say Ms won, PS4 will continue to dominate.

Pirateogta said:
Sony already lost last E3 when it came to the actual GAMES they showed. Microsoft blew them away in that department.

I completely agree with you.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Simply showing Project Beast would have a huge number of people on the internet wet their panties...

But yeah, I'm expecting comparatively a little weaker showing from Sony than from the other 2, the big guns are supposedly coming next year.

It's like history is forgotten every generation.