By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Sony is going to lose E3 2014!

FIT_Gamer said:
Depends on how many 3rd party games Microsoft was able to secure. Everyone know the best exclusives on Xbox are from 3rd party.

No, Halo and Gears are easily better than any 3rd party exclusive they get.

Around the Network

I disagree. Sony's first party stable and 3rd party support will be enough for them to edge out the competition. MS/Nintendo both have something to prove, Sony just has to delivery on the games.

Barring any surprise announcements for previously unknown projects currently in development, it's already known what platform will be presenting at E3.

As far as "winning" the conference, it will likely just come down to a matter of presentation; who puts on the better show and inflates interest in projects most already know about.

Regarding surprise announcements, not related to games in development or due to release this year, MS is positioned to drop the biggest news bomb or bombs due to the current market position of the XB1, which may or may not change significantly once the Kinect free SKU becomes available. Regardless, MS most likely has some big announcement to improve the fortune of the XB1 platform.

Not sure whether that would constitute "winning" as opposed to doing what must be done to stay competitive and increase unit sales to fall in line with pre-release expectations.

Anfebious said:
daredevil.shark said:
At least sony have the "guts" to put live presentation unlike some who decides to show everything in youtube.

Is this a jab at a "certain company" whose name happens to be "Nintendo"? Why the secrecy?

I don't understand your logic anyway. What does guts have to do with doing a live presentation or not? Nintendo lacks guts because they will show a pre recorded event? Please enlighten me.

No. I was not talking about nintendo. I was talking about "indie developers" (?). They dont have the guts to make live presentation. And sony has "brand new IPs" made by first party studios (not the ten millionth rehash of a game) and very strong third party support. And making live presentation really requires guts. A lot of things can go wrong and only those who have the courage can do it.

No new hardware? Project Morpheus...?

Around the Network

Agree. I'm expecting to go like this:

1. Microsoft
2. Sony
3. Nintendo

Playstation 1 = Awesome games, tons of new IP's.

Playstation 2 = Awesome games, tons of new IP's.

Playstation 3 = Awesome games, TONS OF NEW IP's.

Playstation 4 = Well, you got the picture already.

if internet says who wins, sony will win even it doesnt show any new game.

daredevil.shark said:
At least sony have the "guts" to put live presentation unlike some who decides to show everything in youtube.

Making everything playable on the show floor is such a bitch move, isn't it?

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Anfebious said:
Phantom-Lord said:
Anfebious said:

There is no need to quote that. Just post in the thread and I will answer you.

E3 is very important, the notion that "E3 isn't important" is completely made up.

The notion that someone WINS e3 is subjective.......The notion that it has a major sway in who sells more is nonsense. Outside hardcore gamers no one cares about e3, people will look at price, what their friends have, games, not e3 when buying a console. No one will win, there will be arguemtns fro each like every other year.

Of course it's subjective, but there is a general consensus given by the internet that determines who is the winner. Last year, the winner was Sony.

E3 is extremely important, that's where they announce important games. People will watch E3 and inform themselves about upcoming games.

Sony will announce new games, MS will, people will argue over who won, nobody will, ps4 will keep outselling everyone, e3 is grossly over hyped and has no bearing outside hardcore audience. Thats why no matter how many good e3's ps3 had, it never made a difference in the US.