By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Sony is going to lose E3 2014!

Who even cares who wins its a show about video games lol.

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Around the Network

In my opinion, Nintendo got last place in every E3 over the past 5 years Mr Kahn.

Both MS and Sony can be winners if they both have good conferences. In most people's eyes Sony "won" last year's E3, but MS had a very good conference as well and showed a lot of great games. They did exactly what they needed to do after the May Reveal. I don't think too many people left that MS conference last year and wasn't impressed by what was shown.

Honestly, I don't think it's going to have that big of an impact in the overall race. Last year's E3 was extremely memorable, maybe the most memorable one ever, but how many people have vivid memories of what happened in the previous five E3's prior to that? I follow E3 every year, but I'm in the minority when it comes to my group of friends. Most of them just buy the console based on what each other has. Last gen we all got 360's because that came out first. This gen most of us have PS4's since it was cheaper and 3rd party games seem to perform on par, if not a little better than the X1.

I've been gaming since 1988 and I've never seen an E3 conference. It just leads to fanboyish messes like this thread. So I'm guessing then if MS shows 5 good looking games that are coming out next Summer and Sony shows 3 good looking games that are coming out this year Sony "lost" E3? I can be honest and say that I've always seen what each company announced after E3 conferences and have never been able to determine a winner. I guess if you miss all the pomp & farce of the conferences it doesn't impact you as much.

It's possible, but It's pretty likely that the majority of people will say Sony won. That only means there's more Sony fanboys though! You always choose your favorite company at E3 with the exception of a few conferences.

Around the Network
HipHopGodd said:

I've been gaming since 1988 and I've never seen an E3 conference. It just leads to fanboyish messes like this thread. So I'm guessing then if MS shows 5 good looking games that are coming out next Summer and Sony shows 3 good looking games that are coming out this year Sony "lost" E3? I can be honest and say that I've always seen what each company announced after E3 conferences and have never been able to determine a winner. I guess if you miss all the pomp & farce of the conferences it doesn't impact you as much.

You are right not to care as a lot of what people say makes a winner is whether the company had an entertaining show. Meaning aspects that have nothing to do with the games and hardware shown. I really do not even think the so called winning E3 usually means much towards how the consoles perform throughout the year. Many people believe it has a big impact though. 

I do not plan to watch MS live this years because I will be at work. I might as well watch Sony though as it is after work. 

Anfebious said:

The Order, Deep Down, Uncharted 4, The Witcher 3, etc every game that was announced for the PS4 is facing a serious delay.

?? Did Naughty Dog announce a release date and then announce a delay already? I must have missed both.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

thank god PS4 is winning teh console warz then it softens the inevitable conference loss blow

i love the E3 conferences though i watch them all

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

@playmatt-- cause the difference is really minor. For example in watchdogs the difference between 792p and 900p is tiny and both have stable framerates , texture details and all the graphical glory are identical to both consoles. If it was 1080p to 792 p then i would have reconsidered :P . Plus I prefer the xbox controller more then ps4 controller and i prefer achievement points over Trophies. For me to buy a multiplatform game on a stronger console,, the differences would have to be like differences we saw in fallout, RDR and skyrim where the PS3 versions were atrocious in comparisons.

Nintentacle said:
It's possible, but It's pretty likely that the majority of people will say Sony won. That only means there's more Sony fanboys though! You always choose your favorite company at E3 with the exception of a few conferences.

Aside from "PS4 is $399."  which alone won last E3 for Sony, despite the rest of their E3 being pathetic in comparison to both Microsoft and Nintendo, I don't think Sony has won an E3 in years. 

I'm a Playstation fan, but my opinion isn't biased because it's my favored company  Take a look at my signature.  The quote and image are two things I strongly believe in, even if I'm bashing the PS4 by doing so.