By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

4-0

Around the Network

day went very differently from expectations, well done to Schalke to push Madrid so far.

should've watched CL yesterday :(

Amazing display by Schalke, that's one impressive victory.

Ka-pi96 said:
Player2 said:
Talal said:

So, Madrid just lost against Bilbao. Now Barca can take the lead if they beat Rayo tomorrow. I have a feeling we're gonna fuck it up.

The worst is that everything is aligning for Mourinho to win the Champions League.

I dunno about that, they've got a tough 2nd leg vs PSG and then if they come up against a Bayern Munich or Real Madrid later on they could be put out.

You still believe that will be tough?

Delighted arsenal beat united. Well deserved too.

Regarding the premier league, it deserves more than 4 teams qualifying for the champions league. They should get 5 or 6 in. Strongest league in the world by far.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Kerotan said:

Regarding the premier league, it deserves more than 4 teams qualifying for the champions league. They should get 5 or 6 in. Strongest league in the world by far.

They can get 5 in. One of the others just needs to win the Europa League and they'll get a 5th spot. If one of the other contenders can't manage to do that then maybe it isn't the strongest league by far...

Reason being they focus their efforts on the league.  

Ka-pi96 said:
Kerotan said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Kerotan said:

They can get 5 in. One of the others just needs to win the Europa League and they'll get a 5th spot. If one of the other contenders can't manage to do that then maybe it isn't the strongest league by far...

Reason being they focus their efforts on the league.  

Before that was understandable. But now there is a Champions League place up for grabs in the Europa Leauge it should be a much higher priority than it used to be.

I suppose Everton are still there, would be great to see them win it and get into the CL

Everton a very average premier league team will go for it no doubt.  But the likes of Liverpool, totenham, arsenal, United are all competing for 4th spot and that's their main priority.  Last season you could of added Everton to that list and this year Southampton. 

After watching yesterday's match I seriously wonder how the heck did Chelsea beat Schalke with the score of 5-0!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

After watching yesterday's match I seriously wonder how the heck did Chelsea beat Schalke with the score of 5-0!

Chelsea are better than most teams this season?... wait, they lost to Bradford.

Fluke?

Hmm, pie.

Ka-pi96 said:
Kerotan said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Before that was understandable. But now there is a Champions League place up for grabs in the Europa Leauge it should be a much higher priority than it used to be.

I suppose Everton are still there, would be great to see them win it and get into the CL

Everton a very average premier league team will go for it no doubt.  But the likes of Liverpool, totenham, arsenal, United are all competing for 4th spot and that's their main priority.  Last season you could of added Everton to that list and this year Southampton. 

But you said the Premier League is by far the strongest league in the world. So why would they rather compete against other Premier League teams if going for the Europa League win would be so much easier? The goal isn't 4th place, it is Champions Leauge qualification, so surely they should take the easiest route to that, no?

Because so much can go wrong with a competition like that.  Like Liverpool losing on penalties. This year united,  arsenal,  Liverpool,  totenham and Southampton are battling over 2 places.  The fans and clubs  value the league over the second tier competition of Europe.