By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Talal said:

So, Madrid just lost against Bilbao. Now Barca can take the lead if they beat Rayo tomorrow. I have a feeling we're gonna fuck it up.

The worst is that everything is aligning for Mourinho to win the Champions League.

Around the Network
Player2 said:
Talal said:

So, Madrid just lost against Bilbao. Now Barca can take the lead if they beat Rayo tomorrow. I have a feeling we're gonna fuck it up.

The worst is that everything is aligning for Mourinho to win the Champions League.

Worst for you,brilliant for me lol.

Player2 said:
Talal said:

We'll see about that.. I honestly believe Bayern is more likely to win the CL this year!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Ka-pi96 said:
And Barcelona end with a 6-1 win. They go top and Messi has caught Ronaldo in goals this season. Good times

YEP!

mZuzek said:
Ka-pi96 said:
And Barcelona end with a 6-1 win. They go top and Messi has caught Ronaldo in goals this season. Good times

So much for Barcelona fucking up today.

That's because we didn't think it was going to be an easy game. So, we didn't jinx BFC.

Around the Network

luis suarez was amazing today ,
barca leading the league by 1 point .
most likely the team who win el clasico will win the league .
come on barca , we can do it

mZuzek said:
Goatseye said:
mZuzek said:

So much for Barcelona fucking up today.

That's because we didn't think it was going to be an easy game. So, we didn't jinx BFC.

Wait, what? I thought Barcelona actually did fuck up today as it should have been a 9-0 win?

Well I guess you learn something new everyday.

You thought my comment was sarcastic?

mZuzek said:
Goatseye said:
mZuzek said:

Wait, what? I thought Barcelona actually did fuck up today as it should have been a 9-0 win?

Well I guess you learn something new everyday.

You thought my comment was sarcastic?

Nah, but mine was. I just envy the easy life Barcelona and Real Madrid have over there in Spain.

They'd have an "easy life" in any league in the world.

mZuzek said:
Talal said:

They'd have an "easy life" in any league in the world.

Maybe. But I didn't mean it as "Spain is weak" as much as I meant "those two are OP".

But still, I don't think it would be as easy in, say, England. When you look at English football, even the infinite money teams (Chelsea, Man City), or the ones that had supreme dominance for long periods (Liverpool, Man United), or ones with good spells here and there (such as Nottingham Forest)... they never dominate anywhere near as much as Barcelona and Real Madrid because the competition is so strong and gets stronger every year.

I think if any Top 7 team in the Premier League right now was playing in Spain, they would have a guaranteed Top 4 finish, and when it's so guaranteed it gets easier to dominate. However, since in England there's always at least 6 teams in contention, no one can stay at the top for that long.

Because Barcelona and Real Madrid can always dominate in their national league, they naturally get stronger and stronger all the time and end up being dominant forces in world football too.

Spanish teams perform the best almost every year in Europe and people still think that they're weaker than English teams. And don't give me the "English teams don't care about Europa League" please. Also Since 2004 only 3 English teams managed to win the Prem. How is it that much more competitive when only United and Chelsea were winning every year until City showed up. Only English teams which are guaranteed a top 4 finish in Spain right now are Chelsea and City. 

I don't deny that the gap between Madrid and Barca and the rest of the Spanish teams (except Atletico in recent years) is bigger than the gap between Chelsea and City and the rest of the Engish teams. But it has been proven so many times that Spanish teams are not weaker than English teams. European success and head to head matches prove this.

Talal said:
mZuzek said:

Maybe. But I didn't mean it as "Spain is weak" as much as I meant "those two are OP".

But still, I don't think it would be as easy in, say, England. When you look at English football, even the infinite money teams (Chelsea, Man City), or the ones that had supreme dominance for long periods (Liverpool, Man United), or ones with good spells here and there (such as Nottingham Forest)... they never dominate anywhere near as much as Barcelona and Real Madrid because the competition is so strong and gets stronger every year.

I think if any Top 7 team in the Premier League right now was playing in Spain, they would have a guaranteed Top 4 finish, and when it's so guaranteed it gets easier to dominate. However, since in England there's always at least 6 teams in contention, no one can stay at the top for that long.

Because Barcelona and Real Madrid can always dominate in their national league, they naturally get stronger and stronger all the time and end up being dominant forces in world football too.

Spanish teams perform the best almost every year in Europe and people still think that they're weaker than English teams. And don't give me the "English teams don't care about Europa League" please. Also Since 2004 only 3 English teams managed to win the Prem. How is it that much more competitive when only United and Chelsea were winning every year until City showed up. Only English teams which are guaranteed a top 4 finish in Spain right now are Chelsea and City. 

I don't deny that the gap between Madrid and Barca and the rest of the Spanish teams (except Atletico in recent years) is bigger than the gap between Chelsea and City and the rest of the Engish teams. But it has been proven so many times that Spanish teams are not weaker than English teams. European success and head to head matches prove this.

Couldn't agree more.