By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Coutinho did his thing

Around the Network

Championsssssss!!!!!!Come on Chelsea let's get a treble.

So bad result for Saints but you know what is worse. My brother wondered why I put Phil Jones in my fantasy team this week and while sorting it out I changed him again... Phil Jones against Sunderland is a guaranteed clean sheet and I forgot that. Instead I put another player in because of the up and coming games.

I'm never listening to my brother again. I beat him this week only because Rooney was my captain and he got 2.

Also, Arsenal fans (if any here) why didn't Mertersaker play?

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:

So bad result for Saints but you know what is worse. My brother wondered why I put Phil Jones in my fantasy team this week and while sorting it out I changed him again... Phil Jones against Sunderland is a guaranteed clean sheet and I forgot that. Instead I put another player in because of the up and coming games.

I'm never listening to my brother again. I beat him this week only because Rooney was my captain and he got 2.

Also, Arsenal fans (if any here) why didn't Mertersaker play?

I'm no huge Arsenal fan, but I assume Mertesacker ( rightfully) didn't play because of his awful perfomance against Monaco! He was at fault for two of the three goals if I'm not mistaken!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Ka-pi96 said:
So a former Barcelona coach is claiming Real Madrid sold Di Maria because he was too ugly for them...
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9740563/manchester-united-winger-di-maria-was-too-ugly-for-real-madrid

There were rumors flying around when he was still in Madrid that Perez didn't like him very much because he wasn't marketable. I also remember Di Maria making a comment about how the management didn't like him.

Around the Network
Talal said:
Ka-pi96 said:
So a former Barcelona coach is claiming Real Madrid sold Di Maria because he was too ugly for them...
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9740563/manchester-united-winger-di-maria-was-too-ugly-for-real-madrid

There were rumors flying around when he was still in Madrid that Perez didn't like him very much because he wasn't marketable. I also remember Di Maria making a comment about how the management didn't like him.

While players like Pepe and Modric are extremely marketable! I have nothing against them btw.

AZWification said:
Talal said:
Ka-pi96 said:

While players like Pepe and Modric are extremely marketable! I have nothing against them btw.

Pepe and Modric are pillar elements in their respective sectors, unlike Di Maria.

Di Maria had a fierce competition on Bale, Ronaldo and James even though I like him better than the last three. He was the least marketable.

AZWification said:

I'm no huge Arsenal fan, but I assume Mertesacker ( rightfully) didn't play because of his awful perfomance against Monaco! He was at fault for two of the three goals if I'm not mistaken!

More fantasy football issues. :P He didn't play, it annoyed me but then the big teams are hard to predict. Azpilecueta all season has been great, didn't play last week for what I can tell no reason. The big teams have too many big players pushing for games. Milner for example, doing really well this season, when he's on. Problem is, he's not on the pitch much.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
AZWification said:

More fantasy football issues. :P He didn't play, it annoyed me but then the big teams are hard to predict. Azpilecueta all season has been great, didn't play last week for what I can tell no reason. The big teams have too many big players pushing for games. Milner for example, doing really well this season, when he's on. Problem is, he's not on the pitch much.

I guess Azpi didn't play last week because Mourinho simply wanted to give Luis a chance! To be honest, he does a pretty good job when he plays from the first minute!

AZWification said:

I guess Azpi didn't play last week because Mourinho simply wanted to give Luis a chance! To be honest, he does a pretty good job when he plays from the first minute!

True and you can't have the same team every week when you have the squad Chelsea does. Willian is basically a sub player now, he's start every game at nearly any other club.

Good win for Saints last night, when I say good, I mean the fact we won it. Still need a goalscorer. We should buy Ings in the summer.

Hmm, pie.