By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

My team had 15 shots and 0 on target today, against our main rivals, who beat us 3-0.

I give in. Im sticking to the NFL thread.

Around the Network

new Bundesliga record for this goal (1:45):

Surprised at Southhampton.. with all those players leaving and coach.. yet Koeman & Koeman gets them to gel like a team in an instance..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

mZuzek said:
Yet another absolutely pathetic performance by an absolutely ridiculous team.

It's about damn time they come out on public and admit they've been beyond dreadful. As long as they keep making up all sorts of excuses, we're going to keep playing like shit.

its like the Bale effect is happening again, like Tottenham when they sold Bale, Liverpool sold Suarez and got a lot of mediocre players back..  but still.. set piece defending and positioning is trainable..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Regarding the subject of Southampton, I'm glad to hear that the team's fans are pleased with Gardos' perfomance!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

3-1 up to go 5-3 down.

I love Manchester United, I really do. Hilarious.

The ref in the United game was pretty shit. Still found it amusing though.

Man City has a great team. With Fernando back, I predict that they'll have the most solid defense in the league.
Mangala is already showing some integration in the team.

They could've gotten Fernando cheap to better that weak midfield.

kowenicki said:

United's performance was pitiful no doubt about that. Was just pointing out that the ref could have done a better job.

I still don't understand why United didn't prioritize getting defenders in the past transfers. Rojo is decent I guess(although he did shit this game), but he's inexperienced. Their transfers were Madrid/Barca level stupid. I still feel like they'll end up outscoring the opposition most of the games though. Top 4 seems unlikely right now, but I expect them to end up around that area. Especially since Liverpool seems way worse this season.