By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

MLS UPDATE!

The US Open Cup semi finals happened this past week on Tuesday and Wednesday seeing Philadelphia scrap past Dallas on penalties 1-1 (3-4). On the flip side three time champions Seattle thrashed four time champions Chicago in embarrassing 6-0 fashion. The final (as per the coin flip) will be in Philadelphia.

In league play the big match was 2nd place Salt Lake taking 1st place Seattle down 2-1 moving them to the top of the table (although they have played two more matches so still behind on PPG).

Columbus had their best performance of the year flying past Los Angeles 4-1, and Kansas City made their claim as a front runner with convincing 4-1 display over Toronto. Dallas has been surging lately with full strength squad and put on a clinic dismantling San Jose 0-5. On personal note DC United rebounded from rough week with needed three points winning 4-2 over Colorado. Other results saw bottom of the table Montreal pull out a 1-0 win over struggling Chicago, New England and Portland both frustrated in 1-1 draw, and lastly Vancouver and Chivas playing to 0-0.

The coming week sees Champions League group play with Portland, Kansas City, DC United and Montreal in action. In league play Dallas v. Salt Lake is big match to watch out west and Kansas City v. DC United in the east.

Around the Network

Fabregas is a pretty damn solid signing by Chelsea.

Looks like Neymar has scored two goals so far in Barcelona's match with Leon! I'm just glad to see that he's able to play well once again!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Ka-pi96 said:
Talal said:
Fabregas is a pretty damn solid signing by Chelsea.

Hardly surprising, he's a great player and I'm still surprised Barcelona were willing to let him go.

He didn't really fit in barca's play style unfortunately. I really wanted him to be the next Xavi, but it became apparent that it wasn't going to happen. Rakitic is looking like a better fit for us so far.

Barca won 6-0 today. Neymar and Messi had great chemistry and Barcelona B players looked very solid especially Munir. I wished that Suarez would score, but oh well. It is a friendly against a modest team so I can't judge, but the team looks promising. 

I learned 2 things today.

Germany has the highest ELO ranking ever with 2200 points.
Its by far worst goal difference is against England with -25 in 33 games.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Go Steaua! Go Arsenal! Go Athletic Bilbao! Gooo!

Well lets get the champions league predicition league sign ups ready.. who is in?

1. NiKKoM
2. mZuzek
3. AZWification
4. Ka-pi96
5. Barozi
6. Augen
7. Carl2291
8. REDZONE

We start at the group stage

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:

Well lets get the champions league predicition league sign ups ready.. who is in?

1. NiKKoM
2. mZuzek

I'm in, NiKKom!

mZuzek said:
By the way, are we starting today with the play-off matches already?

No, we don't care about those shitty matches.. We start at the group stages..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I'll probably have to recalculate everything you do, but whatever I'm in as well.