By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Barozi said:
vivster said:
So Miro quits the national team and gets celebrated. Lahm quits the national team and gets hated(mostly by me).

Go figure.

and now Mertesacker.
What's wrong with the <31 year-olds....

I predicted/hoped for some retirements and I'm glad it came true. I really hope Podolski is next and I wouldn't' mind Schweinsteiger quitting either (though he'd actually be a huge loss unlike Poldi). Now Jogi can create the next team with young talents around the new leaders Neuer, Hummels, Khedira.

Around the Network

LOL at Manchester United.

Should have kept Moyes, his Manchester United side destroyed Swansea on the opening day of last season.

Carl2291 said:
Should have kept Moyes, his Manchester United side destroyed Swansea on the opening day of last season.

They seemed to be in pretty good shape before today's game.

Barozi said:

They seemed to be in pretty good shape before today's game.

Preseason is totally different to the league itself though. No where near as intense.

Around the Network

My team lost again today. 3-1, though this time we were playing the favourites for promotion.

We desperately need a manager and desperately need a couple of new defenders.

6 days to go till BuLi starts, dfb cup was a nice appetizer..

Carl2291 said:
My team lost again today. 3-1, though this time we were playing the favourites for promotion.

We desperately need a manager and desperately need a couple of new defenders.

So how much would they pay me?

https://vine.co/v/M37F1mB5IzB

Did that really happen? lol

Man U fans will be pains in the arse because they were so used to success with Fergie.

Now that City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal are all competing at the same level or higher they dont like it, and its hilarious.