By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

NiKKoM said:
lol.. you germans are nuts.. "Ow we are losing Lahm... what now.. what now?"

We are talking about a full Back.. a freaking full back.. if germany is dependend on a full back you're doing it wrong..

Lahm was an allrounder. He did as much for defense as he did for offence. He was the perfect defender, the best of his kind.

It's certainly not an exaggeration to say that he's irreplaceable. The team is permanently weakened now. Not saying that Germany will go back to losing every game now but it's still a big hit to the team.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Player2 said:

Wohoo, it seems that I spoke too soon and Del Bosque will continue until 2016. Who is ready for another round of Torres, Costa & co?

http://www.marca.com/2014/07/17/futbol/seleccion/1405615937.html?a=VUSe2d7708a74e6c8a4125efaac0dcf393f&t=1405693233

kirby007 said:
you guys still have oezil

We're talking about football trophies, not a night party drinking contest.

Another 2 years with that guy? Nothing could possibly go wrong... -_-

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Ka-pi96 said:
vivster said:

We have a bunch of talented players but world class players are still rare. I think we had just 3 world class players in the World Cup. Namely Neuer, Özil and Lahm. Basically the axix that kept the team on course. Players like Boateng, Hummels, Kroos or Müller may have the potential to world class but they aren't there yet.

The individual German player just looks a lot better because everyone is facilitating each other.

That's why I mourn the loss of one of our very few world class players.

Wait. Did you just put Ozil above Hummels? Ozil has been poor for a while now and Hummels is one of the most solid centre backs in the world. Germany do have quite a few options in Hummels position but he is still by far their best defender.

Now that Lahm is gone, he is. I like Hummels and Boateng and they're great in their own right but what Germany needs are world class full backs. Badstuber is back from his injuries but who knows if he will ever play as well as he did before.

Hummels is still too slow and error prone that I would lift him to world class.

A thought that just came to me. How cool would Lahm be as a future coach for the team :)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Ka-pi96 said:
Turkish said:

Mesut is one of the best players in the world, he also is the most expensive player in the German squad. You must be only watching (select parts) of his games in the national team.

How expensive he was doesn't mean a thing. Just look at Fernando Torres or Andy Carroll, they are the most expensive Spanish and English players currently, doesn't mean they are any good though.

Apparently in the case of Mesut it does mean a thing because he is one of the best players in the world.

Turkish said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Turkish said:

Mesut is one of the best players in the world, he also is the most expensive player in the German squad. You must be only watching (select parts) of his games in the national team.

How expensive he was doesn't mean a thing. Just look at Fernando Torres or Andy Carroll, they are the most expensive Spanish and English players currently, doesn't mean they are any good though.

Apparently in the case of Mesut it does mean a thing because he is one of the best players in the world.

thats why he plays for a B-class team... 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

Generous much? I think you mean C or even D class team.

You crazy. Arsenal consistantly make it into the Last 16 at least in the Champions League.

Ka-pi96 said:
generic-user-1 said:

thats why he plays for a B-class team... 

Arsenal is for sure a B class team, what stops them from being a top class squad is that they're full of great young players, great but inexperienced.

That and Arsene Wenger didn't wanted to spend big until recently, they're building a great team now.

Yeah Sucks with Lahm (for future tourneys) He can do whatever he wants but leaving the national team with 30 is pretty early especially if you want to play at least four more years for Bayern. Never thought that this would happen especially as the captain of the team.

Yeah, Özil sometimes looks like he has "atole en las venas"/cold blooder, if he really wanted he could be the best player in the world.

Carl2291 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

You crazy. Arsenal consistantly make it into the Last 16 at least in the Champions League.

Yeah, I'd have to look at such a scale.  Are we going all the way to Z?