By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

So yeah, if you dont mind NiKKoM, how about we just make this thread the football thread from now on?

Saves you making a new one for the CL like last season too.

Around the Network

Respect mZuzek! YNWA

I'd love Reus to join Liverpool. We need a big name to fill the void left by Suarez, that and a good CB, our leaky defence cost us the PL last year.

I don't think Lovren is good enough for us, but what do I know.

Ka-pi96 said:

Real still won their own leauge in that time frame though. Domestic glory is still glory! When is the last time Arsenal won a leauge?

Obviously Real Madrid will win the league from time to time, they compete in La Liga which up until last season was a 2 team league for about a decade.

So Carl ruined a perfectly good WC thread :(

It should've been the "Euro 2016 anticipation thread"!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

congrats Germany,been away & missed my points for the last couple of games

Rol won did he

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

Well a league that has only been won by 5 teams ever can't be that much more competitive.

Arsenal are a decent team though, although not quite up there with the best. And I hate that Arsey Whinger so yeah... not going to give Arsenal much credit while he is there.

The PL has been a thing since the 92-93 Season. La Liga has also had 5 winners since then - Barca, R. Madrid, A. Madrid, Deportivo and Valencia.

Barca and Real have won it a combined 17 times since 92-93, which is more than any two English teams combined winning the PL since it started. Also a fun fact, despite Liverpool's historic success they have never won the Premier League.

zuvuyeay said:
Rol won did he

We are never talking about that ever again..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
okr said:
mZuzek said:
okr said:

Yep: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=80120&page=99

Good to know... but unfortunately it doesn't look like the liveliest place on earth.

We can easily revive it by switching over and discussing the latest trades of our mighty clubs there (mine is BVB, btw).

I could also just change the title of this thread

Noooo, the last title was perfect and should have stayed forever. Barozi, to the rescue! Change it back!

Carl2291 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Real still won their own leauge in that time frame though. Domestic glory is still glory! When is the last time Arsenal won a leauge?

Obviously Real Madrid will win the league from time to time, they compete in La Liga which up until last season was a 2 team league for about a decade.

Arsenal wouldn't win La Liga if they were competing there. I'd bet a lot of money on that. They probably would have won the 2003/2004 season like they did in the Premier League, since they did amazing that year, but not much else.

BTW from 2004 til 2010 it was all United and Chelsea and then City came into the picture.

If this now a general football thread then big shout out for Steve McClaren and the boys at Derby County. Back at pre season training 2 weeks early, i think we can go one better this season and get back into the prem....btw here is my prem top four prediction
Chelsea
Man Utd
Man City
Liverpool