By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

you guys still have oezil

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:

But he's not lame.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Wohoo, it seems that I spoke too soon and Del Bosque will continue until 2016. Who is ready for another round of Torres, Costa & co?

http://www.marca.com/2014/07/17/futbol/seleccion/1405615937.html?a=VUSe2d7708a74e6c8a4125efaac0dcf393f&t=1405693233

kirby007 said:

We're talking about football trophies, not a night party drinking contest.

vivster said:
WTF? What a bitch. Now I'm really glad that I didn't buy his jersey.

Germany just lost 50% of their defense and 30% of their offense. Bye bye potential future trophies.

its not like we dont have enough younger players to fill those gaps...

klose and lahm will be replaced soon.

generic-user-1 said:
vivster said:

Germany just lost 50% of their defense and 30% of their offense. Bye bye potential future trophies.

We have a bunch of talented players but world class players are still rare. I think we had just 3 world class players in the World Cup. Namely Neuer, Özil and Lahm. Basically the axix that kept the team on course. Players like Boateng, Hummels, Kroos or Müller may have the potential to world class but they aren't there yet.

The individual German player just looks a lot better because everyone is facilitating each other.

That's why I mourn the loss of one of our very few world class players.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
generic-user-1 said:
vivster said:

We have a bunch of talented players but world class players are still rare. I think we had just 3 world class players in the World Cup. Namely Neuer, Özil and Lahm. Basically the axix that kept the team on course. Players like Boateng, Hummels, Kroos or Müller may have the potential to world class but they aren't there yet.

The individual German player just looks a lot better because everyone is facilitating each other.

lahm and neuer, sure, but özil?   schweinsteiger and khedira are the bigger problems, the will have 1 more WM maybe.

generic-user-1 said:
vivster said:
generic-user-1 said:
vivster said:

lahm and neuer, sure, but özil?   schweinsteiger and khedira are the bigger problems, the will have 1 more WM maybe.

Özil still is a world class player. He doesn't lose his talent just because he has a bad form. He can do a lot of things other players can't and that's what makes him a world class player.

Schweinsteiger and Khedira are easily replaceable with Kroos and Kramer.

generic-user-1 said:
vivster said:

Obviously looking at our playstyle Klose can easily be replaced by some other midfielder (or Gomez).

But there's no equal replacement for Lahm in sight. Hell, it's been over a decade and there hasn't been a world class left back. Höwedes did damn well this WC, but he's not even close to the performance Lahm does on the other side.

lol.. you germans are nuts.. "Ow we are losing Lahm... what now.. what now?"

We are talking about a full Back.. a freaking full back.. if germany is dependend on a full back you're doing it wrong..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

generic-user-1 said:
vivster said:
generic-user-1 said:
vivster said:

Mesut is one of the best players in the world, he also is the most expensive player in the German squad. You must be only watching (select parts) of his games in the national team.