By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Belgium 3 - 0 Algeria
Brazil 2 - 0 Mexico
Russia 3 - 1 South Korea

Around the Network

Alright guys! It is time to talk about Belgium! I hope they'll win big time against Algeria (who have some good players too). I expect a 3-1 win at least in favor of what we perhaps can call the golden generation of Belgium. Their first big tournament but these players now how to handle pressure since a lot have dealt with that all thime in their clubs.

I see them as a big contender for the European Championships of 2016 (if everyone improves even more like Hazard, De Bruyne, Lukaku etc.) but for the World Cup I give them the underdog role for now.

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

My experience form yesterday.

Left work and got tot he pub, place was jammed pack full of people that by kick off they couldn't let anymore in and had a line around the block with people watching through the windows. The early goal was a blessing and a curse as we tended to sit back and applied minimal pressure. Not sure if we were fatigued, but look a bit listless and several players suffering strains and cramps (losing Altidore big hit). I knew we would give up a goal way we were playing, when it came place fell silent as a tomb.

Then Brooks headed in that goal and the sound was deafening with absolute bedlam of people jumping around and beer flying every where. The whole neighborhood was a sea of red, white and blue and people singing and high fiving.

It was a great experience even if we didn't have our best game we got the desperately needed result. I think Sunday will be even bigger crowds, which would have been unthinkable even a decade ago.

Results
BRA 0 - 0 MEX
BEL 2 - 1 ALG
RUS 1 - 1 KOR

Justian
BRA 3 - 1 MEX 0
BEL 3 - 0 ALG 3
RUS 3 - 0 KOR 0
3 points

Damogan
BRA 3 - 1 MEX 0
BEL 3 - 0 ALG 3
RUS 3 - 0 KOR 0
3 points

MoHasanie
Brazil 3 -1 Mexico 0
Belgium 2 - 0 Algeria 3
Russia 2 - 0 Korea 0
3 points

Poliwrathlord
Brazil 3 - 0 Mexico 0
Belgium 2 - 0 Algeria 3
Russia 1 - 1 Korea Republic 5
8 points

Homo_Sovieticus
Brazil 2 - 1 Mexico 0
Belgium 2 - 0 Algeria 3
Russia 1 - 0 South Korea 0
3 points

Talal
Brazil 3 -0 Mexico 0
Belgium 3 - 0 Algeria 3
Russia 2 - 1 Korea 0
3 points

ClassicGamingWizzz
Brazil 2 - 1 Mexico 0
Belgium 2 - 0 Algeria 3
Russia 2- 0 Korea Republic 0
3 points

osed125
Brazil 2 - 1 Mexico 0
Belgium 1 - 0 Algeria 3
Russia 1 - 1 Korea Republic 5
8 points

Fifaguy360
Brazil 3 -0 Mexico 0
Belgium 2- 0 Algeria 3
Russia 2 - 1 Korea 0
3 points

DakonBlackblade
Brazil 4 x 0 Mexico 0
Belgium 3 x 0 Algeria 3
Russia 4 x 1 Korea 0
3 points

vivster
Brazil 2 - 1 Mexico 0
Belgium 1 - 0 Algeria 0
Russia 3 - 1 Korea Republic 0
3 points

RolStoppable
Belgium vs. Algeria 2-0 3
Brazil vs. Mexico 1-1 3
Russia vs. Korea Republic 1-1 5
11 points

Joaco N64
Belgium 2 - 0 Algeria 3
Brazil 1 - 2 Mexico 0
Russia 2 - 0 South Korea 0
3 points

Devil_Survivor
Belgium vs. Algeria -Winner Belgium 3-0 3
Brazil vs. Mexico- Winner Brazil 3-1 0
Russia vs. Korea- Winner Korea 2-1 0
3 points

SR388
Brazil wins Mexico Loses 0
Belgium wins Algeria Loses 3
Russia wins Korea Loses 0
3 points

Troll_Whisperer
Brazil 2 - 0 Mexico 0
Belgium 2 - 0 Algeria 0
Russia 0 - 1 Korea 0
3 points

Burek
Belgium - Algeria 0:0 0
Brazil - Mexico 2:0 0
Russia - Korea 1:0 0

Ka-pi96
Belgium 3-0 Algeria 3
Brazil 4-1 Mexico 0
Russia 2-1 South Korea 0
3 points

NiKKoM
Belgium 3-0 Algeria 3
Brazil 3-0 Mexico 0
Russia 2-0 South Korea 0

AZWification
Belgium-Algeria (3-1) 3
Brazil-Mexico (2-1) 0
Russia- Korea (2-0) 0
3 points

Kirby007
Belgium-Algeria (2-0) 3
Brazil-Mexico (2-2) 3
Russia- Korea (1-0) 0
6 points

AlphaCielago
Belgium-Algeria 3-0 3
Brazil-Mexico 3-1 0
Russia- Korea 2-2 3

Conegamer
Belgium-Algeria 2-1 5

Brazil-Mexico 3-0 0
Russia- Korea 1-0 0
5 points

Lafiel
Belgium 2 - 0 Algeria 3
Brazil 1 - 1 Mexico 3
Russia 1 - 0 South Korea 0
6 points

zuvuyeay
Brasil 3 - 0 Mexico 0
Belgium 2 - 1 Algeria 5
Russia 2 - 1 South Korea 0
5 points

para182
Brazil 2 - Mexico 1 0 poits

celador
Belgium 3 - 0 Algeria 3
Brazil 2 - 0 Mexico 0
Russia 3 - 1 South Korea 0
3 points

Carl2291
Belgium 3-0 Algeria 3
Brazil 2-1 Mexico 0
Russia 2-1 Korea 0
3 points

Augen
Brasil 3-0 Mexico 3
Belgium 4-0 Algeria 0
Russia 3-1 South Korea 0
3 points

S.peelman
Belgium 2-0 Algeria 3
Brazil 2-1 Mexico 0
Russia 1-1 South Korea 5

zumnupy10 50 minutes ago
Brazil 1 - 0 Mexico 0
Belgium 2 - 0 Algera 3
Russia 2 - 1 Korea Republic 0
3 points

Scisca
Belgium 5:0 Algeria 3
Brazil 2:1 Mexico 0
Russia 1:1 South Korea 5
8 points

- 1.5 hours before kick off -

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

^ they got some quality defence

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
elazz said:
Alright guys! It is time to talk about Belgium! I hope they'll win big time against Algeria (who have some good players too). I expect a 3-1 win at least in favor of what we perhaps can call the golden generation of Belgium. Their first big tournament but these players now how to handle pressure since a lot have dealt with that all thime in their clubs.

I see them as a big contender for the European Championships of 2016 (if everyone improves even more like Hazard, De Bruyne, Lukaku etc.) but for the World Cup I give them the underdog role for now.

EC 2016 should be their goal.. think they are missing one or two attacking worldclass players.. While Hazard is great he needs to have one step more to come to a level like Robben. He'll be at that level in 2016.. then they have their chance.. and I also think Januzai will be a force to be recon with by then.. 2 years under van Gaal at ManU.. Also they are pretty new to playing in a big tournament so in 2016 they'll have the experience of this World Cup..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

kirby007 said:

The World Cup 2014 thread - Matchday 5 - Germany vs Portugal

in Sports Discussion 2 days ago

Colombia-Greece ( 2-1)Uruguay-Costa Rica (2-0)England-Italy (1-3)Ivory Coast-Japan (1-1)...

I was so damn wrong with that one!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Belgium 3-0 Algeria
Brazil 2-1 Mexico
Russia 2-1 Korea

Augen said:
My experience form yesterday.

Left work and got tot he pub, place was jammed pack full of people that by kick off they couldn't let anymore in and had a line around the block with people watching through the windows. The early goal was a blessing and a curse as we tended to sit back and applied minimal pressure. Not sure if we were fatigued, but look a bit listless and several players suffering strains and cramps (losing Altidore big hit). I knew we would give up a goal way we were playing, when it came place fell silent as a tomb.

Then Brooks headed in that goal and the sound was deafening with absolute bedlam of people jumping around and beer flying every where. The whole neighborhood was a sea of red, white and blue and people singing and high fiving.

It was a great experience even if we didn't have our best game we got the desperately needed result. I think Sunday will be even bigger crowds, which would have been unthinkable even a decade ago.

I can't wait for the rustled jimmies as soccer continues to grow in the US.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

NiKKoM said:
elazz said:

EC 2016 should be their goal.. think they are missing one or two attacking worldclass players.. While Hazard is great he needs to have one step more to come to a level like Robben. He'll be at that level in 2016.. then they have their chance.. and I also think Januzai will be a force to be recon with by then.. 2 years under van Gaal at ManU.. Also they are pretty new to playing in a big tournament so in 2016 they'll have the experience of this World Cup..

Exactly my thoughts. I hope Januzaj will increase dramatically with Van Gaal since that guy is just Ballon D'or material just like Hazard. Lukaku needs to go to another club that will give him the trust that Mourinho won't. 

Hazard, Januzaj, Lukaku, De Bruyne and Courtois have the potential to become legends. I don't know if we can consider Kompany already a legend at ManCity? But he'll still be at the top for at least another 5 years. And of course don't forget all the other players who are very good like Mertens, Vertonghen, Chadli, Dembele etc. 

Edit: With legend I mean legendary football players that have indeed the level of Pirlo, Robben, Drogba etc. 

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0