By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:

If Welbeck starts ahead of Sterling Im gonna be so pissed off.

Edit - And that opening cost $9 Million 

Thats not a lot actually... no wonder it looked shit.  (London olympics was about 30m from memory... then again that had scale and stuff going on... not just a load of amateurs runnign around in cheap looking nylon outfits)

Welbeck shouldnt even be there... so he better not start ahead of Sterling.

Fuck I hate ITV coverage!!

(PS these posts are football related... I am staying away from troll central aka the Video Games forums for a while)

Adrian Chiles ruins everything. The coverage is bad enough without him, but he pushes it over the edge.

On the other hand, the Graham Taylor Aldi advert is the best advert in a looooong time.

I secretly hope Brazil crumble under the pressure today.

Around the Network

Predictions for the first Match has been closed! Good luck to you all! ( i saved this thread so no chance for stealtj edits)

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Such a terrible opening ceremony. Pretty obvious they ran out of money.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

NiKKoM said:
Predictions for the first Match has been closed! Good luck to you all! ( i saved this thread so no chance for stealtj edits)

I had already predicted all the scores way back (can go check if you'd like), so still apply for games?

Brasil 3-1 Croatia

The brazilian anthem execution was an EPIC MOMENT.

THE POOR CROATIANS ARE SCARED AS FUCK NOW.

Around the Network

i skipped the opening ceremony since that was probably lame anyway, now the games begin

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Croatia was great two years ago but Belgium walked over them, Scotland crushed them home and Iceland almost beat them on the way to Brazil... Hope Croatia is back in form or otherwise I would not be surprised to see a 4-0 win for Brazil...

Brazil is going to mop the damn floor with Croatia!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I was gonna say that doesn't compare to the rugby stuff with chabal (frenchy) back in the day, now that guy was scary

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

If Croatia manage to frustrate Brazil here, someone like David Luiz will end up getting sent off.

Could be an interesting game really, rather than the battering I was expecting.