By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Ka-pi96 said:
Proclus said:

@Ka-pi: TC/GMT +9:30 hours (South Australia)

That's got to be quite annoying for all of the matches. Good luck watching what you can though

Pfft, my timezone is only 30 mins different and I will watch every single match.

Also just got done watching a documentary about the 06 Socceroos, part of our 10 hour opening night here on TV and it had me in tears at the end 😢 Actually I was more like this 😭 

So proud of our 06 boys, sucks it had to end they way it did. One of Australia's greatest sporting achievements.

Around the Network
ktay95 said:

Pfft, my timezone is only 30 mins different and I will watch every single match.

Also just got done watching a documentary about the 06 Socceroos, part of our 10 hour opening night here on TV and it had me in tears at the end 😢 Actually I was more like this 😭 

So proud of our 06 boys, sucks it had to end they way it did. One of Australia's greatest sporting achievements.

Uh, I still remember that 2-2 that knocked us out of the group. And the famous 3 yellow cards awarded to Simunic (an Australian Croat), when the rferee forgot to send him off after the 2nd card :)))

But Australia is the 2nd national team I'm supporting, because it always has a lot of Croatian players. In '06 Viduka, Culina, Kalac, Bresciano.

This year Galekovic, Franjic, Spiranovic, Bozanic, Jedinak, Vidosic, Bresciano -- it's like a 2nd Croatian team..

Good luck to them.

From what I remember most opening matches are quite boring and bad.
Let's hope this one turns out different.

My fridge is filled, friends coming over, let the games begin!

Tomorrow we got a re-run of the final fight. Good luck Oranje, success la Roja.

(The other thread was locked.... so guess I'll repost this here.)

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

we got fabio cannavaro in the studio in uk for a pundit,pretty good

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

Around the Network

I was surprised when checking the map of countries qualified (blue)...

Western Europe VS East Europe big difference wow..

This is the worst opening ceremony ever.

Ever.

So my bets for who gets out of the group stage:

Brazil
Croatia

Spain
Netherlands

Colombia
Cote d'Ivoire

Uruguay
Italy

France
Switzerland

Argentina
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Germany
Portugal

Belgium
Russia (though I wish them all the worst and am rooting for South Korea

I think that France and other Muslim countries can be affected by their religion and players not eating or drinking the whole day. Wonder how much of an impact this is going to have.

Also, I'm changing my prediction for the opening game. Brazil 2:1 Croatia.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
This is the worst opening ceremony ever.

Ever.

By some distance.

What a mess.

Awful.

Did anyone else think that J-Lo was just thinking about her bank account the whole time she was on stage. She probably got $5.000 per second. She is probably at the airport already.

If Welbeck starts ahead of Sterling Im gonna be so pissed off.

Edit - And that opening cost $9 Million