By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Ka-pi96 said:
And it's all over! Tottenham destroyed Hull, City in to the Champions League in style and I'm glad to see Arsenal miss out on it. Meanwhile both south coast clubs secured top half finishes, hopefully Brighton will join them in there next season too!

City in to the CL in style lol oh the irony... :)

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
KiigelHeart said:

City in to the CL in style lol oh the irony... :)

Well if a 5-0 win with some fantastic goals isn't winning in style then I don't know what is

Oh I didn't see any games today I thought you were talking about the whole season and celebrating a CL spot like... an Arsenal fan ;)

That aside, this was a disappointing season. That CL spot would have been nice, I'm not really interested in Europa League because Viasat doesn't show those games. FA Cup final to go so there's still a chance to win something. And we played some nice football with this 3atb system.

Ka-pi96 said:

Think Wenger will stay? Or could that still depend on his result in the FA Cup final?

I have no idea if he will stay or not :P

All I know is when he finally leaves I'm gonna listen to "Last of the Mohicans" theme and reminisce all the great moments of his era :)

i thought the top four divisions didn't have to do CL qualifiers anymore?

guess that's not the case

celador said:

i thought the top four divisions didn't have to do CL qualifiers anymore?

guess that's not the case

That's next season.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
mZuzek said:

Oh yes, for sure, but right now I'm not gonna worry about some match that's happening in 3 months.

These qualifiers always get me nervous, though. I don't recall an English team losing one of these like, ever, but it's something to fear regardless. Then again these are Klopp's kinds of games, so I assume we're gonna be alright.

The only English team I remember losing in the qualifiers was Everton. Sucks to be them I guess

I'm pretty sure Liverpool will be one of the seeded teams though, so it shouldn't be too hard of a qualifier.

Also Newcastle during CL season 03/04. Don't ask me why I looked through every single CL season to give you that information.

So
Real Madrid, Juve, Chelsea and Bayern are champions of the top 4

Booked my tickets for Wembley today.

Championship Playoff Final, the richest game in football.

Arsenal lost to 1 shit team too many this year. Came back to haunt them.

A lovely end to the season. 8th an haven't scored at home in like 6 games or something. But seriously, 8th in the prem. Another good season even though some may say we did badly. We finished in the exact spot we should have done.

Hmm, pie.