By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft not showing off any Wii U/3DS games at this year’s E3 . No Just Dance 2015 ? o.O

X supports Nintendo
X makes the best games!
X doesn't support Nintendo
I don't care about X's games anyway, they suck!

Y multiplats on PlayStation

Y game gets adequate profit

Y game goes exclusive

Port Begging

Z exclusive on Xbox

Z is GOTG

Z goes multiplat

Z bores me.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
X supports Nintendo
X makes the best games!
X doesn't support Nintendo
I don't care about X's games anyway, they suck!

Perhaps now you understand the love/hate relationship that Nintendo fans have with Nintendo itself.

Sadly, it may take at least another five years for fans of other console manufacturers to absorb this.

EDIT: Thumbs up on the diplomatic edit there

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

trestres said:
Mr Khan said:
trestres said:
This might mean no Watchdogs for the Wii U in the long run. I mean, they might still tell us that's coming, but later in the year they can simply call it a no-go.

Assassin's Creed isn't coming either and Just Dance 2015 may come as a last minute announcement close to the release date.

No big game from any 3rd party is scheduled for the Wii U, not even looking at the far future. What's the biggest announced 3rd party game WiiU has from today until the end of its life??

Sonic Boom.

Yeah, forgot to add the "Western" part to my description.
Sega being Japanese and about the only publisher supporting the WiiU.

Sonic Boom isn't even that big :(

Isnt Nintendo funding Sonic Boom - or at least partially

AwakeandAlive said:

Coming from a Ubisoft rep...

"We won't be showing off any Nintendo games at E3 this year."

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/228843-ubisoft-not-showing-any-wii-u-3ds-games-at-e3-2014

The choice of wording is really curious. Most third parties wouldn't call them "Nintendo games", they'd call them "games for Nintendo platforms", because they're (in this case) Ubisoft games.

I can see five different ways to interpret the sentence. Other than the obvious, here are the other four:

1. Nintendo are going to be showing off our games on their systems.
2. None of our other games for Nintendo systems are in a state where we want to show them off, right now.
3. Our Nintendo-system games won't be at E3 - just streamed via the Digital Event.
4. The literal interpretation - it's going to be Ubisoft games, not Nintendo games. This one falls into the "NWR asked the wrong question, Ubisoft rep responded tongue-in-cheek and NWR was too stupid to either include the question or understand the answer" category.

Regarding that last one, think of it this way: NWR guy asks "What Nintendo games are you going to be showing at E3 this year?". Ubisoft rep sees opportunity, responds with "We won't be showing off any Nintendo games at E3 this year" and NWR guy doesn't pick up it.

So yeah... I'll wait until E3, see what actually shows up, and judge then. Unless some real media person decides to actually try journalism, and asks Ubisoft for clarification and a more direct statement (and let's be honest, there's no real media people in the videogame media... and not a lot in commercial media, either), we're just not going to know (short of Ubisoft clarifying it themselves).

Well Nintendo gamers, what did you expect when you refuse to buy 3rd party titles?

The amazing thing is it wasn't that long ago that Nintendo had promised "unprecedented" 3rd party support and cooperation for its next console at E3 2011... fast forward 3 years and even shovelware developers are hesitant to support the Wii U.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
Dunban67 said:
trestres said:

Yeah, forgot to add the "Western" part to my description.
Sega being Japanese and about the only publisher supporting the WiiU.

Sonic Boom isn't even that big :(

Isnt Nintendo funding Sonic Boom - or at least partially

yeah Nintendo made a publishing deal with SEGA, which means that Nintendo paid them several million dollars or else this deal would've made no sense for SEGA as Sonic games sold ~1m on each 360 and PS3 per entry.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Seece said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
So Watchdogs for Wii U canceled then?

No, they just won't be showing it on WiiU. Just Dance? I dunno, maybe XB1/PS4 versions? I guess the franchise is freefalling so hard they don't need to appease Nintendo on that one anymore.

So they just don't want to sell it then? I mean the game is already doomed to fail regardless, but to not even try advertising it means they're probably better off not releasing the game at this point.

Why would they show the (most likely least succesful) version of an already realsed game that was already on previous 2 E3s ?

Kane1389 said:

Why would they show the (most likely least succesful) version of an already realsed game that was already on previous 2 E3s ?

To help it sell of course!

It ends.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Kane1389 said:

To help it sell of course!

At that point, the game will have more than enough footage and trailers available. They should use their time on stage to promote new games