By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft not showing off any Wii U/3DS games at this year’s E3 . No Just Dance 2015 ? o.O

I don´t care. Their games are horrible anyways.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Seece said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

So they just don't want to sell it then? I mean the game is already doomed to fail regardless, but to not even try advertising it means they're probably better off not releasing the game at this point.

I dunno, they'll probably advertise the Wii version? It's the only one that seems to sell well enough to justfy the franchise existing. It'll pretty much be dead (Just Dance) in a couple of years.

I'm talking about Watchdogs!

Oh right. Well it's a late port in the lowest selling system (by then) that doesn't seem to sell core third party games. Watch dogs is their next multi million selling franchise (internally they're probably expecting anywhere from 6 - 10 million). Even if WiiU version launched day and date with the rest it would have likely sold on par with Assassins Creed and Call of Duty, around 250k. The fact it's a late port means it might do even less than that, it's really not worth Ubi's time to advertise it.

POE said:
I don´t care. Their games are horrible anyways.

lol no. Rayman, Prince of Persia, certain Splinter Cell games, certain Assassins Creed games, Child of Light, Division all are/look awesome. Watchdogs doesn't look horrible either.

Mr Khan said:
trestres said:
This might mean no Watchdogs for the Wii U in the long run. I mean, they might still tell us that's coming, but later in the year they can simply call it a no-go.

Assassin's Creed isn't coming either and Just Dance 2015 may come as a last minute announcement close to the release date.

No big game from any 3rd party is scheduled for the Wii U, not even looking at the far future. What's the biggest announced 3rd party game WiiU has from today until the end of its life??

Sonic Boom.

Yeah, forgot to add the "Western" part to my description.
Sega being Japanese and about the only publisher supporting the WiiU.

Sonic Boom isn't even that big :(

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
Mr Khan said:
trestres said:
This might mean no Watchdogs for the Wii U in the long run. I mean, they might still tell us that's coming, but later in the year they can simply call it a no-go.

Assassin's Creed isn't coming either and Just Dance 2015 may come as a last minute announcement close to the release date.

No big game from any 3rd party is scheduled for the Wii U, not even looking at the far future. What's the biggest announced 3rd party game WiiU has from today until the end of its life??

Sonic Boom.

And it's a bought and paid for deal. I don't see many other Japanese companies supporting WiiU? Could be wrong on that tho.

Around the Network
Seece said:
trestres said:
Mr Khan said:
trestres said:

Sonic Boom.

And it's a bought and paid for deal. I don't see many other Japanese companies supporting WiiU? Could be wrong on that tho.

Tecmo-Koei and Fatal Frame 5.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Seece said:

Oh right. Well it's a late port in the lowest selling system (by then) that doesn't seem to sell core third party games. Watch dogs is their next multi million selling franchise (internally they're probably expecting anywhere from 6 - 10 million). Even if WiiU version launched day and date with the rest it would have likely sold on par with Assassins Creed and Call of Duty, around 250k. The fact it's a late port means it might do even less than that, it's really not worth Ubi's time to advertise it.

My point is they shouldn't even bother releasing the game. Instead of delaying it, they may aswell of just cancelled it since it's not going to sell either way now. As for advertising, you should always advertise any game you make, as I'd think you'd want to better it's chances of selling well, regardless of the system you made it for. If for some reason you don't want a game to sell on a system, don't make a game for said system. That makes a lot more sense than making a game only to doom it to failure by delaying it and not advertising it. You're only wasting time and resources doing that. That's why I think they may have cancelled it since they're not taking the great oppurtunity that is E3 to advertise the game.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Seece said:

My point is they shouldn't even bother releasing the game. Instead of delaying it, they may aswell of just cancelled it since it's not going to sell either way now. As for advertising, you should always advertise any game you make, as I'd think you'd want to better it's chances of selling well, regardless of the system you made it for. If for some reason you don't want a game to sell on a system, don't make a game for said system. That makes a lot more sense than making a game only to doom it to failure by delaying it and not advertising it. You're only wasting time and resources doing that. That's why I think they may have cancelled it since they're not taking the great oppurtunity that is E3 to advertise the game.

Depends if they can make a profit on those 200k copies sold, but I do agree. I remember reading a report where DLC makes a crap tonne of money in the industry. I have a hard time believeing it wouldn't be more cost effective for Ubi to move all team members onto DLC rather than a WiiU version. But they seem to want to give it a shot.

trestres said:
Mr Khan said:
trestres said:

Sonic Boom.

The only way to not be dissapointed with Sonic Games after the Adventure series is to have zero expectations...

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Seece said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Seece said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

So they just don't want to sell it then? I mean the game is already doomed to fail regardless, but to not even try advertising it means they're probably better off not releasing the game at this point.

I dunno, they'll probably advertise the Wii version? It's the only one that seems to sell well enough to justfy the franchise existing. It'll pretty much be dead (Just Dance) in a couple of years.

I'm talking about Watchdogs!

Freudian Slip much?

lul.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank