By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 failed in Japan. PS4 become maybe last place in hardware selling. But whats the reason?

fallen said:

I do hope Sony is out of business. Not because of themselves, although I feel their product does not add anything good to the market, and I do not like any of ther exclusive franchises, but because I feel their fans care more about winning console wars than actual gaming.

Luckily I dont think Sony will last too much longer. Even though Ps4 sells well (although it's sales are likely plummeting downward everywhere right now), it already kind of feels like a dead product, with little software sales. The hardware is awesome thanks to the American design, but Sony will slowly but surely screw up the rest of it.

User was moderated for this post - Viper1

This is the ramblings of a Butt Hurt Xbot! He probably has xbox undies to go with his bedding and wallpaper! Probably cries himself to sleep every night now that the X1 is being outsold by the PS4!

I don't know how moderators allow threads like this????

A system is a failure after 3 months of release????

Moderated - Kresnik.

Around the Network
PigPen said:
brendude13 said:
PigPen said:
brendude13 said:
Because none of the many system sellers coming to the PS4 are out yet.

Why is everyone saying the same thing.  When the Wii U had no games five months after it launched, it was doomed and still is.  The PS4 is doomed in Japan.

Because it's logical? The Japanese will not ignore a mainline Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid or Final Fantasy. Just because the WiiU failed to prove itself in Japan (so far) doesn't mean the PS4 will. I don't know what you define as "doomed", and I never claimed otherwise, but anyone who considers current PS4 sales in Japan to be the baseline while ignoring all potential boosts from system selling games in the future is delusional.

The Japanese will not ignore a mainline Super Smash Bros, Zelda, X or Mario Kart 8.  Mario Kart 8 is at number two having been number one for about two weeks straight.  It's only number two cause a Zelda title is number one.  Just because the PS4 failed to prove itself in Japan (so far) doesn't mean the Wii U won't.

Yes the Wii U is a world wide success isn't it?????

There are no games on the PS4 worth buying right now, once Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom hearts III come out it'll do much better.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

walsufnir said:
Aerys said:
Not sure you can say the console "failed" when the console tried nothing yet since it has no system seller, i wonder what is the reason of the problem of a console not selling without system seller? Because it's known you buy a console to look at it's beautiful design.

Then why is it selling in the west? I am surprised by the sales of both PS4 and Xbone as there are no system sellers out there on either console.

Because this has nothign to do with Japan and you perfectly know, we have different tastes in the west, it sells because of  :

- System sellers

- Too Long Generation

and for the PS4 :

- Great consumer satisfaction from the PS3 with a good support until the end and even beyond

- Better quality/price

- Better futur ( exclusives)

- Weak competition bringing back a PS2 era since MS disappointed everyone by trying dirty things, so they lose the trust of a lot of gamers

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Back to the topic, PS4 is considered a failer in Japan as of now. Hardware sells on average is 550,000 in seven months.

Around the Network
PigPen said:

Back to the topic, PS4 is considered a failer in Japan as of now. Hardware sells on average is 550,000 in seven months.

You would argue that the PS4 is a failure regadless of what it sales. You refuse to consider why its not selling extraordinarily, because you are afraid that when it acutally has the games to prove it, the Wii U won't stand a chance.

You're insecurity with the Wii U is made obvious by the fact that you choose to focus on the weaknesses of its competiton rather than the Wii U's own strengths.

The Wii U had a year and a half in japan, and is just now landing with its heavy hitters. Even with this the gap is still sub a million. Clearly, the Wii U has been a failure worldwide, but I don't feel the need to downplay it or boast about the Wii U, because no console failing is a good thing, and I look foward to Smash coming out.

At the same time, I'm not worried for the Wii U because, I buy the system for its exclusives anyway.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

remember when ps4 sold a million in one week lol

PS4 also has not many worthy releases in the West and it sells well here, maybe Japan doesn't buy stuff on hype alone?

PigPen said:

Three months.

RazorDragon said:
PS4 also has not many worthy releases in the West and it sells well here, maybe Japan doesn't buy stuff on hype alone?

Sick of these comments, Massive third party support, massive indie support, great first party, great OS and online infrastructure and features. Most powerfull console for a great price, it is selling because they made a great product period. Japan will get games for them eventually.