By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 failed in Japan. PS4 become maybe last place in hardware selling. But whats the reason?

PigPen said:
brendude13 said:

Because it's logical? The Japanese will not ignore a mainline Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid or Final Fantasy. Just because the WiiU failed to prove itself in Japan (so far) doesn't mean the PS4 will. I don't know what you define as "doomed", and I never claimed otherwise, but anyone who considers current PS4 sales in Japan to be the baseline while ignoring all potential boosts from system selling games in the future is delusional.

The Japanese will not ignore a mainline Super Smash Bros, Zelda, X or Mario Kart 8.  Mario Kart 8 is at number two having been number one for about two weeks straight.  It's only number two cause a Zelda title is number one.  Just because the PS4 failed to prove itself in Japan (so far) doesn't mean the Wii U won't.

Thanks for proving my point further by listing a load of games that aren't even out yet.

So now the WiiU isn't doomed? It seems you don't mind drastically changing your opinion as long as the PS4 remains dead last. I think that shows how coherent your argument has been so far.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
PigPen said:

Back to the topic, PS4 is considered a failer in Japan as of now. Hardware sells on average is 550,000 in seven months.

Three months.

Three months what? For how long the PS4 has been out in Japan or how long it takes for hardware to sell 550,000 on average?

Squeezol's Fanclub Member? is that how it works?

Why can't I hold all these no gaemz?

Always looking to improve my awful drawings ;_; 

Sharu said:
Tbh, i easily understand PS4 sales in Japan. The thing I don't understand - is why it sold so good in the West. Thats a real puzzle for me.

Sick of these comments, Massive third party support, massive indie support, great first party, great OS and online infrastructure and features. Most powerfull console for a great price, it is selling because they made a great product period.  Post like these are just trying to downplay the ps4 and the job sony did in general.

Akiran said:
brendude13 said:
PigPen said:

Back to the topic, PS4 is considered a failer in Japan as of now. Hardware sells on average is 550,000 in seven months.

Three months.

Three months what? For how long the PS4 has been out in Japan or how long it takes for hardware to sell 550,000 on average?

It has been out three months.

Akiran said:
brendude13 said:
PigPen said:

Three months.

PS4 launched Feb 2014 in Japan.

Around the Network
fallen said:

I do hope Sony is out of business. Not because of themselves, although I feel their product does not add anything good to the market, and I do not like any of ther exclusive franchises, but because I feel their fans care more about winning console wars than actual gaming.

Luckily I dont think Sony will last too much longer. Even though Ps4 sells well (although it's sales are likely plummeting downward everywhere right now), it already kind of feels like a dead product, with little software sales. The hardware is awesome thanks to the American design, but Sony will slowly but surely screw up the rest of it.

User was moderated for this post - Viper1

Why the hell did this person got banned? Just because he told his opinion??? This absolutly unsustainable!!! I bet that the person who banned him is a PlayStation Fanboy who can't handle the truth!!! And it is absolutly stupid to ban people because you can just make a new account on this site!!! These website bans are pointless, I already have 15-25 accounts here on this website just because of stupid moderators who don't let people post their own opinions!!!

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

TheDarkLink said:
fallen said:

I do hope Sony is out of business. Not because of themselves, although I feel their product does not add anything good to the market, and I do not like any of ther exclusive franchises, but because I feel their fans care more about winning console wars than actual gaming.

Luckily I dont think Sony will last too much longer. Even though Ps4 sells well (although it's sales are likely plummeting downward everywhere right now), it already kind of feels like a dead product, with little software sales. The hardware is awesome thanks to the American design, but Sony will slowly but surely screw up the rest of it.

Why the hell did this person got banned? Just because he told his opinion??? This absolutly unsustainable!!! I bet that the person who banned him is a PlayStation Fanboy who can't handle the truth!!! And it is absolutly stupid to ban people because you can just make a new account on this site!!! These website bans are pointless, I already have 15-25 accounts here on this website just because of stupid moderators who don't let people post their own opinions!!!

If you honestly can't tell what's wrong with that post I'll be surprised. Going around calling attention to being an alternate ID is also not smart. 

#stoppedtakingthehatersseriously

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

TheDarkLink said:
fallen said:

Flame-bait is a bannable offense.

But he was banned for alternate ID which is a permanently bannable offense.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Sharu said:
Tbh, i easily understand PS4 sales in Japan. The thing I don't understand - is why it sold so good in the West. Thats a real puzzle for me.

Because Sony was loud and clear about Gaming, have powerful console, sleek design, better controller, connected features, new technogly(project morpheos), backward compatibligy in someway(Playstation now), PS+ with more value to gamers and they are pumping more exclusives (based on PS3 and they had Last of US before PS4 which provided huge boost to Sony to trust them).

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.