By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pachter goes berserk. Insults questioner. "scumbag" "Idiot" "bastard"

AZWification said:

What Pachter said regarding  Nintendo going 3rd party was very silly, but I still wouldn't call him a "bastard"..... mostly because that would be an insult to the legit bastards!  

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Around the Network

For the person that said Youtubers are ok with it and specifically mentioned Boogie as one of the guys that's not "after the money"

Found this on Neogaf in the thread about this topic:

Originally Posted by boogie2988

Hi there. I got mentioned a few times in this thread so I thought I would come in here and talk about this.

If you use adblock and not viewing ads when you consume content then you are directly denying income for those who are creating the content you are about to consume.

It takes time, effort, equipment, and money to product it. It costs you nothing either way.

But here's the thing. When you sit through an ad you are participating in one of the best deals in the century.

You get free content.
The person creating it gets paid.
It costs money for a MULTIBILLION dollar company to produce, and show that ad. That money goes into the hands of the person who created the content you consumed.

You literally get to be robin hood. You literally get to steal from the rich and give to the poor.

If you're choosing not to do that, I agree with pach; you are a pretty rude person.

Now that said, I still enjoy you watching my content either way. I'm making X amount of dollars and lets say 60% of my users use adblock so I could be making 60% more income. That would be certainly great.

I'm very happy though to be making X. I really hope it doesnt lessen, and I really won't be butthurt if it doesnt increase.

But if you choose to not be Robin Hood in exchange for sitting through a 30 second advertisement then you're a bit self centered for sure.

Just saying.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=112551916&postcount=1031

kirby007 said:
I actually advice to use adblock because it increases performance on older hardware while also being much more convinient

Can save bandwidth and loads web pages quicker too from experience.

He called peeps morons, hahahahaha

Those who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones, Pach.

Luck said:

People are using Adblock because too many websites are being irresponsible and disrespectful to viewers with their advertising model. Customer service doesn't cease to be relevant just because the entity providing the service is a website.

The ones to blame are those responsable for intrusive advertising model (Like this site) not the people using Adblock in response to that.

I'd more suggest that the companies that put together the ads are the ones responsible. Web Admins need to talk to companies like AdServer and demand a more targeted and less intrusive model. Someone will step up to the plate.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

And who cares what this guy does?

I don't think the use of AdBlock will ever be widespread enough that advertising stops being a viable business model. As for forcing people to disable it, some websites do that already.

I'll admit that it's enabled by default for me, but I disable it for any website that has worthwhile content and doesn't have awful site-breaking ads.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

DerNebel said:
loy310 said:
Basically, "screw your opinion and give me your wallet, bastard, idiot, scumbag"
Fuck this guy, done with him. The community should ban him allow him to go back to being irrelevant.

Not being willing to support the people that create content on the internet and actually being proud of that is not an opinion that should be validated with a different answer.

Also btw. Pachter is actually one of the few people that does these videos for free, so acting as if he's being greedy here is just hilarious.

That's a fair argument, i was more concerned about the name calling.

I think one day all the government regulation and espionage, the arms race between intrusive ads and adblocks, and all the virus and DDOS attacks and hacks, could bring down the Internet back to its more local and simple level of the 90's. There's only so much BS people will go through before the most useful features are sidelined and reduced significantly in usage.

Maybe Adblock should start charging a fee, and then adblock can give a portion of that money to the advertisers who's ads are blocked. If they could get something like that to work, then I wouldn't mind paying for adblock, just as long as its a few dollars a month.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54