By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pachter goes berserk. Insults questioner. "scumbag" "Idiot" "bastard"

radishhead said:
I think sites are going to start getting tougher on adblock in the near future

I'm surprised they just haven't gone the oldschool way.   Doing advertising like it USED to be done on TV.  Simply have it mentioned in the video at various points by the people doing the video.  Have shows sponsored by products.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
radishhead said:

I'm surprised they just haven't gone the oldschool way.   Doing advertising like it USED to be done on TV.  Simply have it mentioned in the video at various points by the people doing the video.  Have shows sponsored by products.

This is happening increasingly often on Youtube already

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

PDF said:
Nicklesbe said:

Any LLC has stock. You can get stock in a subsidiary without needing to get it from its parent company. Just because it's not publically traded doesn't mean there is no stock. It is just handed out by the company. The only fool here is you since you've shown you have no idea how stocks and corporations work and you have no idea what qualifies as compensation.  It's just stupid to believe he's received no compensation. Even if you believe he does it for fame and popularity that still qualifies as compensation. Since you struggle with what that means I suggest you read this. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/compensation You cannot say or even prove he got nothing especially when you said earlier that he did get something even if it wasn't money. As far as the lie goes believing it doesn't make it less of a lie. It just makes him deluded. Especially since all he had to do was literally talk to one other person at the company to find out it wasn't true. Yes it was a mistake, a mistake that he spread a lie, it doesn't make it less of a lie and it doesn't change the fact that he did lie. If you're tired of talking past each other maybe you should start listening instead of deluding yourself. I've been listening to you, the problem is you've been wrong and upset and instead of listening and accepting reality you ignore it and delude yourself and talk past me. If he does answer the question and the answer is yes which I know it will be then you owe me an apology. It doesn't change the fact that he receives a form compensation for what he does. It doesn't matter if its stock options or games or connections from third parties or simply fame and attention. He gets compensation, He wouldn't be doing it if he wasn't. 

You know very well we were talking about financial compensation.  Don't all of a sudden move the goal post.   

You're the one that said "So you can bet your ass he is making money."  Which is a false accusation until proven otherwise.  So far we have your word vs his.  Since we are takling about him, I'm going to take his word over yours.

You also said "You can bet your ass he still gets paid by GT. They give him equipment, game consoles, games, and just about anything else he needs to make his video" - You were not talking about any form of compensation but very direct forms.  If you want to broaden the argument to any time of compensation then yes.  He is compensated with internet fame.  However you have clearly said they (GT) gives him equipment, game consoles, and games.  You have proven non of this true.  He has talked about buying his systems on his show, he talked about developers often sending him free compies of games.  Nothing from GT.

No I am accepting what is in front of me.  You're the one making baseless claims.

No what you have been doing is denying reality and arguing he hasn't been receiving any kind of compensation what so ever. Financial or otherwise. If he is simply doing it it for fame he is still making money. Fame = increased reputation = increased business = monetary gain. I've already proved he's received games what you refuse to accept is the fact that he's received those games as a part of his contract with GT. You have absolutely no proof that doesn't have a contract with GT that stipulates as such. There is plenty of proof that he does in the fact because in the US no successful business is done without a contract and no company would have someone represent their brand and name without a contract. Even if his contract doesn't give him a monetary salary they still pay him by giving him an audience, a platform for his opinions, and a show to host that increases his fame. I'm not moving the goal post you simply struggle with the definition of compensation and refuse to accept reality.  

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

I completely agree with Pachter, he just didn't have to call that guy a scumbag.Calm down, it was probably a troll question anyway.

radishhead said:

I would just go elsewhere then. It's pathetic when a site has to use in your face ads instead of reasonably placed adverts. Then the ads that get me above all else are the ads with SOUND when you're trying to browse a website in a quiet environment. It's a desperate attempt at advertising that interfers with my ability to browse said website. On top of that stopping adblock is like stopping cheating in games. I have certain websites where I disable adblock since they're respectful with ad placement and earned my trust that I won't hear some high pitched air for brains shout  "TEN EASY STEPS ON HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT"

Around the Network

he's got a point.

Of course he hates adblock, it means he gets a little less money, but he's overreacting.

I have a new found respect for Mr. Pachter... Though he'll say something soon enough that'll make me dislike him again.

Not going to read all the comments because I'm already seeing people disagreeing with Pachter. I think some of you guys don't get it. The point is that ad revenue is actually really important for all those free-to-use sites. While you watching an ad you don't want to watch may not really do anything directly, the people who create those ads pay the hosts to have them there based off of certain criteria. You're assuring your leecher status when you use ad-block on sites and those who say you didn't agree to look at ads, your right to use the website is based on the revenue those ads bring in.

Pachter may have been too aggressive and may have missed a few things, but generally Pachter is right and if you actually disagree with him you are part of the problem.

A scumbag and idiot is insulting. A bastard is low down.