By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstaton 4 More Powerful Than XB1 Say Ubisoft

Hynad said:
true_fan said:

ps4 is more powerful, but XB1 has more potential. Also it specifically mentions a source said that, not Ubisoft or The Division developers themselves.

What do you mean by "XB1 has more potential" ?

"I like the X1 more"

OT: All this does is proof that that one leak of the MS press conference was fake, the one that said the Division now had the X1 as its lead platform...not like we needed proof for that.

Around the Network

But what about the cloudz? Sony must have paid Ubisoft

Zekkyou said:

Because there are still people that genuinely try to argue that the PS4's GPU isn't 50% faster, or that 8GB DDR3 + 32MB esram is faster than 8GB GDDR5

That's before we even get into the PS4 being built more towards GPGPU, but i don't imagine someone who thinks 1.31 > 1.83 will really understand that ^^;

Hunn... interesting... Who is arguing and who is talking about teorethical FLOPs performance?

Well, I would love to argue  about these aspects of gaming hardware.... But is had to find people with Masters Degree in Computer Engineering and Software/Hardware CO-Design or more, so I could have a leveled discussion.

vivster said:

And as most people in this thread you don't get the point. it's not about the simple fact of hardware superiority. The 3 real key points are:

PS4 is lead platform even though MS wanted it the other way around.

The new engine works better on PS4. Which is not a given just because it is the stronger platform.

It's easier to develop for PS4. Which again is not a given.

I´ve never heard of "MS wanted it the other way". Where do you read that? Who said that? Do you have any proof?

"The new engine works better..." It´s still a annonimous soucer saying.

Have you develop to any of the new hadwares? This guy might just repeating the last year claims about the same thing.

In fact you could say that those quotes are from any nextgen multiplat developer (suposed).

Dark_Feanor said:
vivster said:

And as most people in this thread you don't get the point. it's not about the simple fact of hardware superiority. The 3 real key points are:

PS4 is lead platform even though MS wanted it the other way around.

The new engine works better on PS4. Which is not a given just because it is the stronger platform.

It's easier to develop for PS4. Which again is not a given.

I´ve never heard of "MS wanted it the other way". Where do you read that? Who said that? Do you have any proof?

"The new engine works better..." It´s still a annonimous soucer saying.

Have you develop to any of the new hadwares? This guy might just repeating the last year claims about the same thing.

In fact you could say that those quotes are from any nextgen multiplat developer (suposed).

I read it in Common Sense Magazine. You should read it as well from time to time.

It's an "anonymous" source that works at Massive. You can spin that as you like but it won't change the fact. Unless you're calling Gamereactor liars.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Arguably this is the most obvious thing I've seen on this site for weeks.

I don't believe anyone would argue otherwise.

You'd be surpraised at how many people still want to debate about that. (Trust me ,I know)

We all know the PS4 is more powerful than the competition. Do we really need 8533578 threads from "anonymous" developers?? Only the fanboyest of fanboys are saying the PS4 is inferior, but the PlayStation fans who have been constantly preaching this for a year are more annoying. Jesus people. Do we really need to continue this BS?? Fuck the pixel wars. Why can't we all just enjoy the games?

Dark_Feanor said:
Zekkyou said:

Because there are still people that genuinely try to argue that the PS4's GPU isn't 50% faster, or that 8GB DDR3 + 32MB esram is faster than 8GB GDDR5

That's before we even get into the PS4 being built more towards GPGPU, but i don't imagine someone who thinks 1.31 > 1.83 will really understand that ^^;

Hunn... interesting... Who is arguing and who is talking about teorethical FLOPs performance?

Well, I would love to argue  about these aspects of gaming hardware.... But is had to find people with Masters Degree in Computer Engineering and Software/Hardware CO-Design or more, so I could have a leveled discussion.

Mark Cerny doesn't have a masters degree in computer engineering. I suppose you wouldn't talk to him about it either, he only designed the PS4 after all

Aaaah i do love the taste of bitter ignorance in the morning, goes rather well with coffe. Sadly though i must leave you now, i really don't have to energy to explain to someone else how to do basic math.

Anonymous source = Ubisoft

true_fan said:
poklane said:
true_fan said:

ps4 is more powerful, but XB1 has more potential. Also it specifically mentions a source said that, not Ubisoft or The Division developers themselves.

Please, back up how the XB1 has more potential, because the last time I checked all specs for a console except the HDD are set in stone. Also, it's obvious the PS4 is the more powerfull console. Ask any developer that, and unless they are completely biased towards Microsoft and/or the Xbox brand they will confirm that.

Look at what MSFT is trying to do with D12 and tiled resources, and I know you saw that cloud processing demonstration. Hopefully we get another demo at E3 showcasing both on the XB1.

Don't want to burst your bubble but all of that can be technically done on PS4.. i.e DX12 is just API theres nothing special about what it will do, do you think PS4s API isnt going to be good... . Cloud... Sony can do this (not that it will make any difference to games this gen) and they could even rent out MS servers to do it...lol... Tiled resources.. really come on both consoles could do it.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!