By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstaton 4 More Powerful Than XB1 Say Ubisoft

true_fan said:

ps4 is more powerful, but XB1 has more potential. Also it specifically mentions a source said that, not Ubisoft or The Division developers themselves.

Please, back up how the XB1 has more potential, because the last time I checked all specs for a console except the HDD are set in stone. Also, it's obvious the PS4 is the more powerfull console. Ask any developer that, and unless they are completely biased towards Microsoft and/or the Xbox brand they will confirm that.

Around the Network
true_fan said:

ps4 is more powerful, but XB1 has more potential. Also it specifically mentions a source said that, not Ubisoft or The Division developers themselves.

What do you mean by "XB1 has more potential" ?

It's not true until insiderp confirms it.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Dark_Feanor said:
Zekkyou said:

It could have been a rabbit that said it for all that matter. The difference in specs is so damn obvious it's not even funny when people argue it anymore. It's like someone trying to say that the earth is actually flat. Just makes them look a tad silly ^^;

It´s not funny when a annonimous quote is considered the official word from on of the bigest game publisher in the industry.

Some guys are starting to sounding desesperate, if the PS4 was so more powerfull and that power is so unquestionable, why we need these kind of threads?

Because there are still people that genuinely try to argue that the PS4's GPU isn't 50% faster, or that 8GB DDR3 + 32MB esram is faster than 8GB GDDR5

That's before we even get into the PS4 being built more towards GPGPU, but i don't imagine someone who thinks 1.31 > 1.83 will really understand that ^^;

I'm shocked!

Around the Network

Good job on posting a known fact

next up, the world is round says Ubisoft. 

Hynad said:
true_fan said:

What do you mean by "XB1 has more potential" ?

Don't expect him to explain himself, he always spits out whatever nonsense pops into his head first when he's angry.

And they're now realizing that? :P

poklane said:
true_fan said:

Please, back up how the XB1 has more potential, because the last time I checked all specs for a console except the HDD are set in stone. Also, it's obvious the PS4 is the more powerfull console. Ask any developer that, and unless they are completely biased towards Microsoft and/or the Xbox brand they will confirm that.

Look at what MSFT is trying to do with D12 and tiled resources, and I know you saw that cloud processing demonstration. Hopefully we get another demo at E3 showcasing both on the XB1.

Dark_Feanor said:

No one at Ubisoft said anything that this thread post are claiming...

It was an insider, an annonimous source.

May be better look next time.

it's a source that apparently works at "Ubisoft Massive". Sure it's no official Ubisoft statement but it comes from a Ubisoft employee.

If that makes you feel better, go with it.

This is kind, the 13123th time a announimous insiders says the same thing about the power of PS4 vs XOne.

And as most people in this thread you don't get the point. it's not about the simple fact of hardware superiority. The 3 real key points are:

PS4 is lead platform even though MS wanted it the other way around.

The new engine works better on PS4. Which is not a given just because it is the stronger platform.

It's easier to develop for PS4. Which again is not a given.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.