By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstaton 4 More Powerful Than XB1 Say Ubisoft

Kane1389 said:

...because of the posters like you?

Exactly.

Around the Network

That article was about a heck of a lot more than the PS4 being more powerful than the XO. Really, that part was the least interesting aspect of it. The source was also answering a direct question, not randomly attacking the XO.

What I find curious is the idea that a publisher might give an incorrect or overly optimistic release date. That might be their way of trying to keep interest up. That would be kind of ratty if true.

Relative to the console wars, though, Snowdrop supposedly working better on the PS4 could be a big deal. I can't help but wonder why that would be the case, unless it's true that the XO's drivers aren't all they should be. Might me a long wait for DX12.

true_fan said:
poklane said:
true_fan said:

ps4 is more powerful, but XB1 has more potential. Also it specifically mentions a source said that, not Ubisoft or The Division developers themselves.

Please, back up how the XB1 has more potential, because the last time I checked all specs for a console except the HDD are set in stone. Also, it's obvious the PS4 is the more powerfull console. Ask any developer that, and unless they are completely biased towards Microsoft and/or the Xbox brand they will confirm that.

Look at what MSFT is trying to do with D12 and tiled resources, and I know you saw that cloud processing demonstration. Hopefully we get another demo at E3 showcasing both on the XB1.

Selnor, is that you??

This sounds like great news! I wonder if PS4 will be the leader this gen? Oh wait it is...nice!

Oh, and I do want to add that Dark_Feanor has a valid point about the title. It's not Ubisoft saying this. It's an anonymous developer who supposedly works for Ubisoft Massive. Yes, there is a difference. The source not giving his name means this cannot be considered anything but his own observation.

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
Dark_Feanor said:
Zekkyou said:

Because there are still people that genuinely try to argue that the PS4's GPU isn't 50% faster, or that 8GB DDR3 + 32MB esram is faster than 8GB GDDR5

That's before we even get into the PS4 being built more towards GPGPU, but i don't imagine someone who thinks 1.31 > 1.83 will really understand that ^^;

Hunn... interesting... Who is arguing and who is talking about teorethical FLOPs performance?

Well, I would love to argue  about these aspects of gaming hardware.... But is had to find people with Masters Degree in Computer Engineering and Software/Hardware CO-Design or more, so I could have a leveled discussion.

Mark Cerny doesn't have a masters degree in computer engineering. I suppose you wouldn't talk to him about it either, he only designed the PS4 after all

Aaaah i do love the taste of bitter ignorance in the morning, goes rather well with coffe. Sadly though i must leave you now, i really don't have to energy to explain to someone else how to do basic math.

First you start with a false dispute. No one is denying the "superior" PS4 theoretical pick performance. It´s easy to you to point your finger at random and countra argument with which number is bigger.

But it seem to be the only thing you understand. Good Lord. Is that it, your explanation is based only on the ROP count and memory BW the PS4 has extra?

I, for instance, just called this thread out because there is no confirmantion from Ubisoft for any case. People just replied to this thread without even reading the OP. I have no interesting in debating Image Quality or performance alone. It doesn´t matter.

PS: I supose Mark Cerny has some degree in Eletronic Engineering or Mathematics, thats to be expected. None of my teatchers had degree in Computer per se.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

People stop

Don't you know the PS4 is done for?
It was already maxed out the moment it got released
Microsoft has the patent on improving performance - No one at Sony is working on things like that cause they are not allowed to.
God people - This is common sense.
And didn't you know they won't release just DirectX12..They add it up to what they already have to be future proof!

Conegamer said:
Arguably this is the most obvious thing I've seen on this site for weeks.

I don't believe anyone would argue otherwise.

If I throw a X1 at a person   compared to a PS4  the X1 has a higher chance of killing the person because its bigger and heavier.

X1 is more powerful confirmed!

Conegamer said:
Arguably this is the most obvious thing I've seen on this site for weeks.

I don't believe anyone would argue otherwise.

Educate yourself about tiled resources please.