By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Watch Dogs: 900p PS4, 792p X1, both 30fps

Galaki said:
AZWification said:
HokageTenshi said:

the Sony staff who in charge of the PS4 Watch Dogs preorder ads should get a pay cut... fired huge raise

Fixed your post for you!

Touché, good sir!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Can't say I'm surprised by this but its still disappointing when a console that's supposed to be 10x more powerful can't even produce 1080p with consistent 60fps. Actually the console is probably powerful enough its more than likely poor programming.

Xenostar said:
Pemalite said:
792P could be a resolution potentially higher than 1080P or 1600P, so where is the other half of the resolution?

Theres a high chance its still a 16:9 ratio, you be clutching at some strange staws there.

The point is, it's a fairly ambiguous number.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

setsunatenshi said:
Dulfite said:
walsufnir said:
Dulfite said:
I wonder what the Wii U will be at???

It appears it's easier to get 1080p @ 60 fps on wii u than it is on xbone and ps4.

It's as easy as 1080p60 on PS360 but then your games will look like hd last-gen games with a fluid flamerate

I'd rather have that with the gamepad than shinier graphics with the boring typical controllers. I'm 23 and have Bern gaming my whole life and I like new things when it comes to controllers.

oh wow, 23... you must have been through a lot. I bet you'd have tons of stories to tell...

I'm not exactlly sure what your implying but significant things can happen to people at early ages. Regardless, I'm not going to get into a "foolish and stupid argument."

NavyNut said:
Can't say I'm surprised by this but its still disappointing when a console that's supposed to be 10x more powerful can't even produce 1080p with consistent 60fps. Actually the console is probably powerful enough its more than likely poor programming.

Well when you actually think about it it makes sense. 720p (I doubt Watch Dogs will actually be 720p on last gen consoles) is 921,600 Pixels, 1080p is 2,073,600 that is 2.25X more so right there you have used a large chunk of your new power just upping the resolution. Going from 30FPS to 60FPS also needs more than double the performance, because if you are rendering at 30FPS is 33.33ms per frame and 60 FPS is 16.67ms but that doesn't mean you just have half the time to render the frame. You still need to update your animations, physics, streaming assets, etc so if everything else is equal and lets say you need say 10ms each frame to do non rendering prep work then at 30FPS you have 23.3ms to render the frame but at 60FPS you have just 6.67ms to actually render the frame that means in this made up number example you would need 3.5X the performance just to go from 30 to 60FPS. So when you add those together you have just burnt through almost 8X more rendering performance just going from 720P 30FPS to 1080P 60FPS. So with a 10X more powerful system you barely have room to upgrade other things like textures, draw distance, poly counts, particles, shadow resolution, physics, post processing (anti aliasing, depth of field, motion blur, etc).

Now that is a very simplified example of course and there are a lot of other variables in play, and there is a lot more to total performance than just rendering. But still that should show you how quickly 8X the performance dissapears when you up the resolution and framerate.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
Dulfite said:

It appears it's easier to get 1080p @ 60 fps on wii u than it is on xbone and ps4.

What Games are these

The only Wii U 1080p @ 60fps title I know of iss rayman, but that also runs 1080p @ 60fps on the XBox360 and PS3

So XOne is holding PS4 version back then? Or will de PS4 version be better looking?

GProgrammer said:
Dulfite said:

What Games are these

The only Wii U 1080p @ 60fps title I know of iss rayman, but that also runs 1080p @ 60fps on the XBox360 and PS3

I think Mario kart 8 as well. 

blightedpersona said:
good thing I snagged a 7950 during a crazy sale for sub $130 back in january

Nice deal on that card. I always laugh when somebody that is clueless throws out the cliche $2,000 price tag for a pc. I put one together for $650, that came with a mouse and keyboard, and hook up to the same 65" hdtv that my consoles hook up to. They always say, well you need to buy the keyboard, mouse and monitor... lol. That $650 pc i have will destroy the ps4, x1.... easily. And i had a few wired xbox 360 contollers(my alltime favorite) laying around, and use that on it too.

oh, btw, dude, thats the best pc master race sig ive ever seen. I especially love the "visible jaggies" and the "brown color" parts. Thats awesome.

Dulfite said:
setsunatenshi said:
Dulfite said:
walsufnir said:
Dulfite said:

It's as easy as 1080p60 on PS360 but then your games will look like hd last-gen games with a fluid flamerate

I'd rather have that with the gamepad than shinier graphics with the boring typical controllers. I'm 23 and have Bern gaming my whole life and I like new things when it comes to controllers.

oh wow, 23... you must have been through a lot. I bet you'd have tons of stories to tell...

I'm not exactlly sure what your implying but significant things can happen to people at early ages. Regardless, I'm not going to get into a "foolish and stupid argument."

it just sounded funny the way you put it, don't take it too seriously :) you made it sound like you were some old guy or something lol