By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Watch Dogs: 900p PS4, 792p X1, both 30fps

LordPhil said:
GProgrammer said:
Dulfite said:
I wonder what the Wii U will be at???

It appears it's easier to get 1080p @ 60 fps on wii u than it is on xbone and ps4.

What Games are these

The only Wii U 1080p @ 60fps title I know of iss rayman, but that also runs 1080p @ 60fps on the XBox360 and PS3

I think Mario kart 8 as well. 

No Mario Kart 8 is only 720p, Yes there were reports it was 1080p but those like the watchdogs 1080p reports were wrong

Around the Network

720p is the new 720p I guess heehee!

Wagram said:
Honestly, the only 60fps you'll see at 1080p is likely on PC. Neither of these machines have the hardware potential that the manufacturers think they do.

I think they do. Games starting production from today will def be keeping these frame rates in mind. I honestly don't think the developers realised how big a deal this was gonna be to gamers and that these framerates and resolutions would be the yardstick the public would use to justify the tag of next gen.

of course, this means games at this level are a minimum of 2 years away...3 years if you don't want a graphics downgrade to accomodate tbis

setsunatenshi said:
Dulfite said:
setsunatenshi said:
Dulfite said:

I'd rather have that with the gamepad than shinier graphics with the boring typical controllers. I'm 23 and have Bern gaming my whole life and I like new things when it comes to controllers.

oh wow, 23... you must have been through a lot. I bet you'd have tons of stories to tell...

I'm not exactlly sure what your implying but significant things can happen to people at early ages. Regardless, I'm not going to get into a "foolish and stupid argument."

it just sounded funny the way you put it, don't take it too seriously :) you made it sound like you were some old guy or something lol

The reason I put my age in there is to show that I grew up the same time that the video game industry was growing. Before I was alive, the video game industry was a joke. It's gotten a whole lot bigger as I've got older (we've grown together is my point. How this relates is that I experienced all of these new consoles/controllers as I was growing up, so they were pretty darn special for me but I'm ready for something new and that's why I like the gamepad.

walsufnir said:
Porcupeth said:
walsufnir said:
RenCutypoison said:

Meanwhile several games on the ps4 already took the 1080p 60fps step.

Locked? Not AAA, IIRC.

Ground Zeroes

Oh, yeah, that ONE game I forgot. This makes it one on each side, so. Not "several games"...

Actually Resogun is 1080p60fps 100% locked so it's several games indeed, 2, on PS4 (not counting 2D games like Rayman of course). And don't tell me Resogun doesn't count because it's only digital or indie. Many think it was the most impressive next gen launch title, KZ and Ryse included.

Also even on PC, 1080p60fps 100% locked is pretty hard to achieve even on big rigs. Most 1080p60fps PC games behave like Tomb raider DE on PS4. 60fps mostly during exploration/quiet moment and ~50fps average during action scenes.

Finally, contrary to MGS5 and Resogun which have great image quality, to achieve 1080p60fps with Forza 5 they had to cut many corners: almost zero AA (except on some elements), very poor and limited number of textures, baked lighting everywhere, 2D crowds etc.

Around the Network

AC4 was 900p and a 1080p patch was released, I predict a patch will arrive post launch

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
AC4 was 900p and a 1080p patch was released, I predict a patch will arrive post launch

That was a launch title, it was rushed and they didn't get final specs until months before launch so the performance target was in flux. Watch Dogs has already been delayed for polish and they have had plenty of time to nail down their performance targets.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

BenVTrigger said:
Man you have to wonder how these systems are going to run Witcher 3, my guess is not well at all.

That or they are going to be running the games with PC Medium settings at best.

I've been saying this for a while now. The Witcher 3 is going maul the PS4 and Xbox One. It will be multiples the size of Watchdogs as well. It wont be far off for that game once they optomize it for both consoles. The Xbox One needs to find its secret sauce and no one has any excuses for the PS4 when its all said and done.

Dulfite said:
setsunatenshi said:
Dulfite said:
setsunatenshi said:
Dulfite said:

I'd rather have that with the gamepad than shinier graphics with the boring typical controllers. I'm 23 and have Bern gaming my whole life and I like new things when it comes to controllers.

oh wow, 23... you must have been through a lot. I bet you'd have tons of stories to tell...

I'm not exactlly sure what your implying but significant things can happen to people at early ages. Regardless, I'm not going to get into a "foolish and stupid argument."

it just sounded funny the way you put it, don't take it too seriously :) you made it sound like you were some old guy or something lol

The reason I put my age in there is to show that I grew up the same time that the video game industry was growing. Before I was alive, the video game industry was a joke. It's gotten a whole lot bigger as I've got older (we've grown together is my point. How this relates is that I experienced all of these new consoles/controllers as I was growing up, so they were pretty darn special for me but I'm ready for something new and that's why I like the gamepad.

Unless you started gaming at age 1 you probably missed both the NES and SNES/Genesis generation completely which was far from being any 'joke' as you put it. One could argue that if you missed the ZX Spectrum/Amiga/Commodore 64 you didn't get to play with such control schemes:

and

no mouse either to go with it at that point.

In any case, the controllers as we have them today are eons away from being the same as back in the old days. If you want something diferent that's fine though

zarx said:
Skeeuk said:

That was a launch title, it was rushed and they didn't get final specs until months before launch so the performance target was in flux. Watch Dogs has already been delayed for polish and they have had plenty of time to nail down their performance targets.

And we basically have the devs saying they used the 6 months to improve the games content not the graphics, because if they upped res and/or fps they would have to compromisse the amount of interaction and simultaneous actions happening. So if we can trust him they haven't polished graphics , just content and bugs. A patch to improve res isn't impossible, but I would agree it would be really hard to happen,

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."