By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox ONE $399 (Kinectless) GOLD services confirmed Lots of info inside.

NobleTeam360 said:

OH lol, that would be a good Idea actually I much prefer the pro controller over the tablet. 

They won't, it would be admitting their failure if they do....Oh wait, reminds me of another company who said that...

Anyway I agree, I mostly use the gamepad as a screen while playing with the Pro Controller. They could do a similar move and sell gamepads separately if people decide to enjoy the games forcing you to use the gamepad.

Around the Network
gooch_destroyer said:
jlmurph2 said:
gooch_destroyer said:
I guess the kinect is not essential to the "Xbox experience"

Phil doesn't think so now, so as head of Xbox he's changing it

Well you gotta follow the leader. Just about everything they've done ended up in mediocrity compared to what the PS4 has done. So that's good.

Shit just got real. 

Who said that?

Anyone know if this applies to Canada as well?

sales2099 said:
BMaker11 said:
Mowco said:
"On Xbox One, active Gold membership required to play free games you’ve downloaded. "

Looks like there going down the PS+ route with the ONE atleast.

I'm waiting for all the people saying "I'd rather keep my games. I don't like to rent" to come out of the woodwork.

Actually....they are adopting both models.

I get free Dark Souls and Super Street Fighter 4 in June for 360, which I get to keep no matter what. So no hypocrisy here. Best of both worlds. 360 has the better model IMO, and X1 uses the model PS fans praise Sony for.

I wish there was some consistency between this gen and last, for both companies. We have the PS3 with free online, then the PS4 with online behind a paywall. Then you have games you keep on the 360 and then games you "rent" on XBone. Both companies hide behind "your subscription carries across multiple consoles", but its mildly deceptive unless you pay really close attention to the fine print. Granted, they did tell us up front the differences between this gen and last, but they only say it in a sentence or two (like how Sony tried to sneak in online behind a paywall at E3 and they only talked about it in greater depth when they got "caught")

Anyway, is MS continuing the "games you own no matter what" model for 360, after June? I mean, I got games I could keep forever after the PSN blackout as a "thank you for your support". The wording is confusing in the article. They talk about celebrating the anniversary of Games with Gold...then say that XBL members will have subscription based access to games, not specifying if that was only for XBone or if it was for both consoles.

edit: just saw the addendum at the bottom. Looking like it's only for XBone. Good. Don't need to change to model on the console that currently has it. But it sucks that it's different for XBone. Like I said....it'd be nice if there was some consistency from both companies

this tweet pretty much tells how it is:

people rip on Nintendo for refusing to face reality and change course and rip on Microsoft for correcting their mistakes

don't change and you are an asshole for the guys on the internet or change and you are an asshole for the guys on the internet.

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:
Anyone know if this applies to Canada as well?

It should. But I wonder if they'll take this opportunity to adjust the price on the XBox One and set it at $450, instead of $399.

Porcupeth said:
sales2099 said:

lol, this ain't PS2/Xbox or Wii/360 graphics gaps. 

Yes it is. That's exactly what it is.

Sigh.....good day sir.

Just try to be as happy about this great news day as 4 cons (price, kinect bundle, app Gold paywall, and Games for Gold) have been swiftly addressed.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

DarkWraith said:
"[A Kinect-less Xbox One] is not in our plans at all," he stressed.

"As we've said from the very beginning, we believe Kinect is an absolutely integral part of the Xbox One experience."

[Harvey Eagle, Xbox UK Marketing Chief]

flip flopping like a US politician these days. anyone who has confidence in this company is delusional to the extreme level of religious fundamentalists.

right tell me which company is making money every quarter and which is losing money every quarter?

NobleTeam360 said:

Who said that?

A friend on facebook. 

It needs to be cheaper than the PS4 if it wants to start outselling it.

So should we just call this console the Xstation?

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st