By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox ONE $399 (Kinectless) GOLD services confirmed Lots of info inside.

DerNebel said:
crissindahouse said:

I saw someone say it in the weekly charts thread this week.

Well, that was his fault then I think Phil Spencer made it very clear that he will change some stuff of his predecessor and will listen to gamers and if many gamers ask for a console without Kinect the possibility that this will happen wasn't like 0 haha

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
I wonder why they would announce this now if it doesn't start happening until June 9th? This will slaughter their May sales for anyone knowledgeable and interested in the console.

Maybe they dont have man sales to ruin right now. But 4weeks isnt really that much anyway

changing my lifetime prediction in 3, 2, 1...

sales2099 said:
Zekkyou said:
sales2099 said:

Games for Gold, Gold paywall removed on key apps, and kinectless Xbox (price cut).

All major cons are officially taken care of! All "critics" have left to say is that it is slightly weaker but at this stage in graphics, it isn't even noticeable.

Well that's an understatement and a half ^^;

OT: The Xbox 180 joke just became even more valid Still, you have to give MS credit for not being stubborn and actually giving consumers what they want.

lol, this ain't PS2/Xbox or Wii/360 graphics gaps. 

Yes it is. That's exactly what it is.

DarkWraith said:
"[A Kinect-less Xbox One] is not in our plans at all," he stressed.

"As we've said from the very beginning, we believe Kinect is an absolutely integral part of the Xbox One experience."

[Harvey Eagle, Xbox UK Marketing Chief]

flip flopping like a US politician these days. anyone who has confidence in this company is delusional to the extreme level of religious fundamentalists.

Yah because changing plan by listening to consumers is bad thing, right?
I you prefer a company sticking to their original plan no matter what evern if it fucks everything up, good foryou then :)

(by the way, whatch your words while talking about Microsoft fans...).

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
Mowco said:

There's no reason to assume games with gold will be 2 games a month, PS+ had 2 free games for ps4 when it first launched.

It's definitely possible but not confirmed.

Well June free games for Xbox One will be Halo Spartan Assualt and Max the curse of Brotherhood. So it's reasonable to assume it will be two games a month like 360. 

Lol people these days

NobleTeam360 said:
Mowco said:
jlmurph2 said:
BMaker11 said:
Mowco said:

I'm waiting for all the people saying "I'd rather keep my games. I don't like to rent" to come out of the woodwork.

2 games > 1 game. But obviously they had to make some type of sacrifice for free entertainment apps. 

There's no reason to assume games with gold will be 2 games a month, PS+ had 2 free games for ps4 when it first launched.

It's definitely possible but not confirmed.

Well June free games for Xbox One will be Halo Spartan Assualt and Max the curse of Brotherhood. So it's reasonable to assume it will be two games a month like 360. 

I know but ps+ had 2 free ps4 games when the ps4 first launched but it has been one game a month since.

I imagine it will be 2 games a month but like I said it's not confirmed.

jlmurph2 said:

Lol people these days

Sorry for being a reasonable person and not jumping on the Xbox Hype Train after this annoucnement.

So, backing down on their words again... (srry but i had to ;p)

It's a good thing for their sales I guess. I for one am curious to see how much of a difference it will make. It'll be hard to turn things around after the year of 'bad' press but maybe when they throw in a couple of 'megaton' announcements at E3 they actually can.

Good news.

This will most likely help quite a bit, but, IMO, it's still $50 too much.

I will buy an XB1 for INR 36,000 ($600) and nothing more once Halo 5 comes out. I won't buy it at the same price as I bought a PS4 for (INR 40,000 or $680) and I expect the same for most consumers everywhere except US and UK.