By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox ONE $399 (Kinectless) GOLD services confirmed Lots of info inside.

$399...?? shouldn't it be cheaper since the new Kinect probably cost more than $100...

Around the Network

From the console reveal and E3 to this coming June I am not sure I have seen a console be almost nothing like it was initially shown to be. Credit to Microsoft for trying to erase first half of 2013 from memory.

May and June will be very interesting now to see they effect this has. I wonder if tracking will exist for both tiers of X1.

Good move. Can't understand the complains about it.

Just wait for kinect stand alone price and then sell yours!

DarkWraith said:
"[A Kinect-less Xbox One] is not in our plans at all," he stressed.

"As we've said from the very beginning, we believe Kinect is an absolutely integral part of the Xbox One experience."

[Harvey Eagle, Xbox UK Marketing Chief]

flip flopping like a US politician these days. anyone who has confidence in this company is delusional to the extreme level of religious fundamentalists.

You could complain or you could 

Now I'm going to wait for a $399 Xbox1 Halo 5 bundle.......

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
BMaker11 said:
Mowco said:
"On Xbox One, active Gold membership required to play free games you’ve downloaded. "

Looks like there going down the PS+ route with the ONE atleast.

I'm waiting for all the people saying "I'd rather keep my games. I don't like to rent" to come out of the woodwork.

2 games > 1 game. But obviously they had to make some type of sacrifice for free entertainment apps. 

There's no reason to assume games with gold will be 2 games a month, PS+ had 2 free games for ps4 when it first launched.

It's definitely possible but not confirmed.

kowenicki said:
DerNebel said:
Now the competition can really start.

I'm kinda inclined to search for all the people that said they'd never drop kinect.

or all those that said they should drop it...

And tell them they were right? I don't see a point in finding those people unless they are in here saying the opposite.

Zekkyou said:
sales2099 said:

Games for Gold, Gold paywall removed on key apps, and kinectless Xbox (price cut).

All major cons are officially taken care of! All "critics" have left to say is that it is slightly weaker but at this stage in graphics, it isn't even noticeable.

Well that's an understatement and a half ^^;

OT: The Xbox 180 joke just became even more valid Still, you have to give MS credit for not being stubborn and actually giving consumers what they want.

lol, this ain't PS2/Xbox or Wii/360 graphics gaps. You guys really exaggerate things sometimes. If you say it enough, you start to believe it I guess

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Mowco said:
jlmurph2 said:
BMaker11 said:
Mowco said:

I'm waiting for all the people saying "I'd rather keep my games. I don't like to rent" to come out of the woodwork.

2 games > 1 game. But obviously they had to make some type of sacrifice for free entertainment apps. 

There's no reason to assume games with gold will be 2 games a month, PS+ had 2 free games for ps4 when it first launched.

It's definitely possible but not confirmed.

Well June free games for Xbox One will be Halo Spartan Assualt and Max the curse of Brotherhood. So it's reasonable to assume it will be two games a month like 360. 

DarkWraith said:
"[A Kinect-less Xbox One] is not in our plans at all," he stressed.

"As we've said from the very beginning, we believe Kinect is an absolutely integral part of the Xbox One experience."

[Harvey Eagle, Xbox UK Marketing Chief]

flip flopping like a US politician these days. anyone who has confidence in this company is delusional to the extreme level of religious fundamentalists.

its still intergral but not mandatory

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.