By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox ONE $399 (Kinectless) GOLD services confirmed Lots of info inside.

BMaker11 said:
Mowco said:
"On Xbox One, active Gold membership required to play free games you’ve downloaded. "

Looks like there going down the PS+ route with the ONE atleast.

I'm waiting for all the people saying "I'd rather keep my games. I don't like to rent" to come out of the woodwork.

2 games > 1 game. But obviously they had to make some type of sacrifice for free entertainment apps. 

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
People are ACTUALLY saying it wont make a difference?

What planet are you living on!?

not a big difference.  the ps4 is still the better choice because of exclusives and better multiplats.

crissindahouse said:
DerNebel said:
Now the compethitition can really start.

I'm kinda inclined to search for all the people that said they'd never drop kinect.

Did they say that before or after a totally different guy was responsible for the Xbox brand?

I saw someone say it in the weekly charts thread this week.

"[A Kinect-less Xbox One] is not in our plans at all," he stressed.

"As we've said from the very beginning, we believe Kinect is an absolutely integral part of the Xbox One experience."

[Harvey Eagle, Xbox UK Marketing Chief]

flip flopping like a US politician these days. anyone who has confidence in this company is delusional to the extreme level of religious fundamentalists.

- Moderated, Carl

Well look even if MS are close to PS4 in UK and USA, that will mean a real term drop of about 25+ million consoles, and with others performing greatly on the side of PS4 you could be seeing a even greater gap for PS4 this gen.

MS needs to come out kicking in terms of big AAA games at E3, now they have got rid of Kinect, thats one less thing for gamers to complain about. Ok we still have the resolution wars etc, but it limits the issues and allows them to focus on the games. Now thats what they need to do.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

very bold move by MS, which certainly will yield them results if they can communicate that fast and well enough

together with the great games MS seems to have lined up for the rest of the year this could make this gen an open battle again, as Sony isn't that far ahead in unit sales at this point

Very interesting, maybe they couldn't get enough devs to commit to kinectgames with a proper implementation

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

sales2099 said:

Games for Gold, Gold paywall removed on key apps, and kinectless Xbox (price cut).

All major cons are officially taken care of! All "critics" have left to say is that it is slightly weaker but at this stage in graphics, it isn't even noticeable.

Well that's an understatement and a half ^^;

OT: The Xbox 180 joke just became even more valid Still, you have to give MS credit for not being stubborn and actually giving consumers what they want.

BMaker11 said:
Mowco said:
"On Xbox One, active Gold membership required to play free games you’ve downloaded. "

Looks like there going down the PS+ route with the ONE atleast.

I'm waiting for all the people saying "I'd rather keep my games. I don't like to rent" to come out of the woodwork.

Actually....they are adopting both models.

I get free Dark Souls and Super Street Fighter 4 in June for 360, which I get to keep no matter what. So no hypocrisy here. Best of both worlds. 360 has the better model IMO, and X1 uses the model PS fans praise Sony for.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

We all knew this was coming. Better late than never on the Kinect-less Xbox 🎮 and no more paywall for apps. Good going Phil.
This and unified apps for my Windows phone and Surface might actually get me to buy one in the future.