By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox ONE $399 (Kinectless) GOLD services confirmed Lots of info inside.

I've lost count of how many times I've said that mandatory Kinect is causing more trouble than it is worth; glad to see MS finally realizing the same. Kinect has been the One's Gamepad, in that it has presented more market and demographic issues, as well as pricing concerns, all without actually adding perceived value to the product itself and missing two audiences.
The One should be able to gain some decent steam in Q3 and Q4, people were way too rash to condemn it and there are very recent threads with people who believe that One won't pass the Wii U this year (or even lifetime, according to some few).

Good job MS but why did you do make Kinect mandatory in the first place?

Around the Network

I'm happy that apps like Netflix are finally out from behind the paywall. That was always ridiculous.

I'm not so happy about Microsoft dropping the Kinect so quickly. Personally I wanted to see what developers could do with the hardware this generation. Now I can't imagine many studios won't be interested, if they ever were.

Also, can anyone verify whether Games with Gold is transforming into a PS+ type service? Seems to be conflicting reports.

Seece said:
Torillian said:
surprised they did this so quickly, thought it would take another year or so, but if it's going to happen it's better to do it sooner rather than later. Sucks for early adopters but that's always the case with price cuts, you should know what you're getting into if you buy a console on launch or shortly after.

Sorry? Doesn't suck for me, I like Kinect (so do many others) and would still buy the sku with the kinect. Don't let the people raging on about wanting a kinectless sku  cloud the overall opinion of it.

Sucks for those who would have preferred to pay less for the console but bought it at the current price point, just like every price cut ever.  

I'm really surprised as I was one of those who did believe Microsoft would come out with a Kinect less package. This is a very good news and again this shows how Microsoft is listening to people.

sales2099 said:
lucidium said:
to play devils advocate.
what excuse will xbox fans have now if the ps4 continues to outsell the xbox one without the good old "100$ more" line?

fun arguments ahead, i cant wait

Mainland Europe and Japan....it is no secret they worship the brand name regardless of what MS does.

But im glad Xbox will go back to English speaking world domination! ;)

I don't think they would dominate. They might win, but it certainly wouldn't be like XB360 and PS3 in US and UK.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
lucidium said:
to play devils advocate.
what excuse will xbox fans have now if the ps4 continues to outsell the xbox one without the good old "100$ more" line?

fun arguments ahead, i cant wait

Mainland Europe and Japan....it is no secret they worship the brand name regardless of what MS does.

But im glad Xbox will go back to English speaking world domination! ;)

You know what they say about celebrating too early

So let me get this, £350 in UK no Titalfall, no Kinect lol Microsoft are taking the piss in the UK. Had this been 249 or maybe even 299 would have made sense. Instead it made me laugh lol, madness.

Proud owner of Ps4/3ds xl/pc/vita/wii u and others.

Gamer till I die

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDT_DSH1ezs

add to OP

Porcupeth said:
sales2099 said:

Games for Gold, Gold paywall removed on key apps, and kinectless Xbox (price cut).

All major cons are officially taken care of! All "critics" have left to say is that it is slightly weaker but at this stage in graphics, it isn't even noticeable.

Graphical difference is plenty noticeable and it's still lacking exclusives; only KSR in 2014 so far.

Poly counts? lol no. 1080/60 fps disparity will only improve with time. Lacking? At the elast they are tied with DR3/Forza 5 with KZ and Infamous, if we are going by high profile exclusives.

And despite your black and white looking at things, multiplats like Titanfall have and had the ability to sell one console over another and differentiate itself over the competition. We had this discussion and lets not get into it again, but I still find it funny you think a multiplat not available on a consoles biggest competition, can't sell the system.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Veknoid_Outcast said:
I'm happy that apps like Netflix are finally out from behind the paywall. That was always ridiculous.

I'm not so happy about Microsoft dropping the Kinect so quickly. Personally I wanted to see what developers could do with the hardware this generation. Now I can't imagine many studios will be interested, if they ever were.

Also, can anyone verify whether Games with Gold is transforming into a PS+ type service? Seems to be conflicting reports.
  • Free games with Games with Gold**. Since Games with Gold launched on Xbox 360 a year ago, over 12 million people have enjoyed great free games, resulting in nearly 200 million hours of free fun playing Games with Gold titles. We’ve been learning from your feedback and have focused on making improvements each month to the selection of titles. To celebrate the one-year anniversary of Games with Gold for Xbox 360 and as a thank you for helping shape this program, members will receive an additional free Xbox 360 game in June. The Games with Gold titles for Xbox 360 in June are “Dark Souls,” “Charlie Murder” and a bonus game of “Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition.” We’re pleased to bring Games with Gold to Xbox Live Gold members on Xbox One in June. Members will have subscription-based access to free games ranging from top hits to breaking indie stars. The program will launch on Xbox One with “Max: The Curse of Brotherhood” and “Halo: Spartan Assault.” A single Gold membership will get you access to the free games for both Xbox One and Xbox 360.