By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How much Sony pays Indies to be free on PS+ and more

500k sounds reasonable to me. I want to know the price they pay for full games though.

Around the Network

I will verify things for you if you want, Richard_Feynman. Personally, I don't think you need to "verify" anything to the forum-goers. It's a bit of info, that you felt like sharing, ANONYMOUSLY I might add, and people just need to deal with that. Take the info with the possibility that it's true, and the possibility that it's not. Otherwise it would be CONFIRMED NEWS. Thanks for the exciting info to hang on to. I always love to hear stories like this. Little indie dev's game is loved SO MUCH, that SONY is willing to pay half a mil, to get it on their PS+ offereings ON LAUNCH. That's a big deal, no matter who you are, especially small unknown indie dev. Thanks for sharing.

Check out my Gaming Website www.LiveLootLevel.com View my game blog, read some reviews, and leave a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for taking the time guys.

I will tell you why I believe: there is no indie game on Xbox One right now, the very few games on the Store cost a fortune and looks ridiculous, and it is like 2-5 games, at best. I log on the Store everyday and, let me tell you, it is a freaking bummer.
The PS4 in other hand, just gave me STICK TO THE MAN, and that game is a trip, amazing! And... FREE!
Also, I played the shit outta Don´t Starve and Outlast, which I still play to this day, there are a ton of indie games on PSN and some very unusual titles too, like horror games!
So, it is clear to me that the indie comunity is in love with Sony, and, sorry to say but this made me fall in love with my PS4 as well.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

DerNebel said:
Richard_Feynman said:
DerNebel said:
$500k? And Sony is doing the port? Damn, I need to make a successful indie game :D

They've been working on it for 18 months and it's a team of 7 (used to be 5). The costs add up big time. My friend is a Computer Science and Math major so he could easily earn $30k-40k per month, but he's doing this because it's his dream. Everyone earns between $1k and $2k per month. Add in all the computers and the office space etc. and you realise that it's quite an investment.

It's such a fun place. They all live in a big (very big!) house together and they work at least 10 hours a day. It's insane how dedicated they are! It's a lot of hard work.

Pffffffff. 7 people? Office space? Computers? I don't need that stuff.

I'll just do it by myself on my shitty laptop, how hard can it be, I just need an awesome idea...and maybe a book on game development, that's all.

Let´s do it man! to the Gamedevelopermobile!

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Richard_Feynman said:
If there was a way to verify things like in Reddit then I could do it easily. I just need a single person to convince through an email then they'd confirm that;

1) I am friends with the devs 2) The game is getting a lot of hype 3) It will be on Sony's e3 montage.
Given those facts, I really would have no reason at all to make the rest of it up at all. I thought I was sharing something interesting; Of course skepticism is fine, but the Indie hate and nonsensical arguments as to why my news is incorrect is not.

It's very funny how people are calling BS on this for different "reasons".

If you are friends with the developer then I dont understand how you could have such a large misunderstanding of the parity clause.  Unless maybe your dev friends never even bothered looking into it.  Either way, the info you gave on it is obviously wrong, as the parity clause has been explained countless times in recent months.  

Around the Network
DM235 said:
Everything you said seems to point to DayZ.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-13-dean-hall-in-talks-to-bring-dayz-standalone-to-ps4

I wondered if it could be DayZ but I just think it would be too obvious and OP would be in trouble for literally telling us what game it was. Successful early access game on Steam with a movie adaption in the works just screams DayZ.

I gotta go with Rust because Mojang wouldn't sell Minecraft for $500k? The rumored movie adaption fits with Minecraft though.. ARRG!

http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/minecraft-movie-warner-bros-lego-movie-producer/

I don't want to be the party pooper here, but if you were really a friend of the developer you wouldn't/shouldnt be talking about this in public.

As any devs here will know, talking about anything that is Non Disclosure/contracts could actually lose him the business, and even if he's signed (which is sounds like he hasn't yet), could also mean he loses business.

To me if I was being offered a large amount, i would not want some "Friend" telling people on the internet about it... it could damage their business.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:
I don't want to be the party pooper here, but if you were really a friend of the developer you wouldn't/shouldnt be talking about this in public.

As any devs here will know, talking about anything that is Non Disclosure/contracts could actually lose him the business, and even if he's signed (which is sounds like he hasn't yet), could also mean he loses business.

To me if I was being offered a large amount, i would not want some "Friend" telling people on the internet about it... it could damage their business.

The way he said the info was pretty safe, did not mention any names or anything. And it makes a lot of sense because MSStore is a freaking wasteland these days, there is nothing on Xbox One right now =/

foodfather said:
Indies is simply a way for Sony to get people to commit to the PS+ subscription, thats about it.

I once dated a girl that looked just like this cutie eating the pizza, never could seal the deal though, a bummer =/

And, yes, I will rennew my Ps+ subscription in november just because of the free games, they rock both on PS4 and the Vita. Even my PS3 is getting some extra love because of LONE SURVIVOR =D

Edit: Nevermind...