By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How much Sony pays Indies to be free on PS+ and more

veritaz said:
VanceIX said:
Richard_Feynman said:

- They love the Vita. He says it's a real gamer's console. For people that aren't too caught up in AAA and love creative, fun games. Everyone is sad that it's not doing better.

100% agree with them.

Those games are great and all but a gamer needs a balanced diet. It needs both AAA and those creative, fun games. Only real  big game I'm looking forward to on Vita right now is Gravity Rush 2. I could use a few more :(

If you're into JRPGs (I love my Vita because of them) there's Persona 4 Golden, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Soul Sacrifice, Demon Gaze, Final Fantasy X/X-2, and tons more.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
veritaz said:
VanceIX said:
Richard_Feynman said:

- They love the Vita. He says it's a real gamer's console. For people that aren't too caught up in AAA and love creative, fun games. Everyone is sad that it's not doing better.

100% agree with them.

Those games are great and all but a gamer needs a balanced diet. It needs both AAA and those creative, fun games. Only real  big game I'm looking forward to on Vita right now is Gravity Rush 2. I could use a few more :(

But why not play AAAs on home consoles? A game like Gravity Rush, i understand. It could even pass for a indie, in a way. But other stuff people ask for, i just don't see the point (God of war being one of them; same for Uncharted and Killzone, even though GA and Merc weren't bad)

VanceIX said:
veritaz said:
VanceIX said:
Richard_Feynman said:

100% agree with them.

If you're into JRPGs (I love my Vita because of them) there's Persona 4 Golden, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Soul Sacrifice, Demon Gaze, Final Fantasy X/X-2, and tons more.

I already have Persona 4 Golden and even platinumed Soul Sacrifice. Both amazing games but I'm talking about future releases. Although you did just remind me to get YS and Final Fantasy. I can look forward to getting 2 more games now lol. 

Porcupeth said:
veritaz said:
VanceIX said:
Richard_Feynman said:

100% agree with them.

But why not play AAAs on home consoles? A game like Gravity Rush, i understand. It could even pass for a indie, in a way. But other stuff people ask for, i just don't see the point (God of war being one of them; same for Uncharted and Killzone, even though GA and Merc weren't bad)

It's just nice to have AAA exclusives on any platform you own. I enjoyed both Uncharted and Killzone on Vita. The Vita Killzone is actually my favorite. I would just like to see more of those kinds of games from Sony for the future. They did an excellent job in the past for Vita but it has slowed down a lot. 

I dunno but i heard different. Maybe $500k is so they even make the port and make it a part of PS+ but what i heard about PS+ pricing is something like this.

$1 per download for every AAA game. And 25c per download for every indie game.
2 AAA games per month and 4 indie games per month.

This come to $36 per year per PS+ subscriber. And thats assuming you download every free game made available t you.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
I dunno but i heard different. Maybe $500k is so they even make the port and make it a part of PS+ but what i heard about PS+ pricing is something like this.

This come to $36 per year per PS+ subscriber. And thats assuming you download every free game made available t you.

Where did you hear that? I don't think any of that has officialy been confirmed including what the OP said. It's all just guesses from what I can see.

VanceIX said:
veritaz said:
VanceIX said:

100% agree with them.

One of my friends finally convinced me to get Persona 4 golden for the vita. And man I want to hit myself for not buying the game earlier. Havent liked JRPG's in a while but Persona 4 golden is one of the best I played in my opinion.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

veritaz said:
Intrinsic said:

Where did you hear that? I don't think any of that has officialy been confirmed including what the OP said. It's all just guesses from what I can see.

Got some dev friends and know people that know other devs. And while I am not exactly shure how the numbers really all pan out, that is what i amde of what i heard. And it actually sounded plausible. Makes sense.

Intrinsic said:
veritaz said:
Intrinsic said:

Got some dev friends and know people that know other devs. And while I am not exactly shure how the numbers really all pan out, that is what i amde of what i heard. And it actually sounded plausible. Makes sense.

Oh, if that's the case I can't really doubt it. I don't have any Dev friends. 

veritaz said:

veritaz said: And yet Sony has assets worth way more than Nintendo. I don't know why you're trying to continue this, but I'm not surprised from your post history. 

No they don't. This is why Nintendo is considered worth more than Sony. If Sony had assets worth more than Nintendo, then Sony would be worth more than Nintendo. I mean, that's how a company's worth is factored. 

Wait... You didn't honestly think I was talking about which company had more money in the bank, were you? Sony has no money in the bank because they are in debt. That leaves Sony's assets (which they are already selling if you haven't noticed). 

In the famous words of Satoru Iwata - "Please understand."

I see you are still riding the Sony financial doom train trying to downplay everything Playstation related. Nintendo is not worth more than Sony, check again. The market cap, stocks, cash on hand and assets is all in favor of Sony. You have an agenda, I can see that and no amount of talking with someone like you will change that. You will spin and straight up lie so I'm going to end this right here. Nintendo market cap is 16.62 billion with 5.34 billion cash on hand. They have 15.1 billion in assets but Sony has a market cap of 20.15 billion with 8.08 billion cash on hand. Not to mention they have 148.93 billion in assets. "Please understand" it's time to move on and figure some other way of downplaying Sony. 

What agenda? And where are you coming up with all of this false information?